Last edited:

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Yeah, I'm a bit lower in the rear, at least to the eye.
If you were asking if the front sits high I actually think its very close to level, just with the rubicon fenders sitting higher in the front on the Jeep than the rear it does look that way at times.

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
If you were asking if the front sits high I actually think its very close to level, just with the rubicon fenders sitting higher in the front on the Jeep than the rear it does look that way at times.
That makes sense. I guess it can be an optical illusion at times. There are some places I park it and the rake looks way off, other times, to your point, pretty close to even. I'm sure the steel bumper and winch going in will help that even more.

Sponsored

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
That makes sense. I guess it can be an optical illusion at times. There are some places I park it and the rake looks way off, other times, to your point, pretty close to even. I'm sure the steel bumper and winch going in will help that even more.
I had this problem with the "illusion" when I installed my JKS stuff. Remedied it by installing a 1/2" rear spacer and it's satisfied my OCD haha

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I had this problem with the "illusion" when I installed my JKS stuff. Remedied it by installing a 1/2" rear spacer and it's satisfied my OCD haha
Haha, when that OCD hits! After the bumper/winch install, I may need to look at doing the same. Once loaded up in the rear, I don't want that rake.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Haha, when that OCD hits! After the bumper/winch install, I may need to look at doing the same. Once loaded up in the rear, I don't want that rake.
That was my main reasoning for doing the rear spacer. Completely unloaded it was ok, but with gear, food, water, tent, etc. it looked way worse. The spacer remedied that completely (as much as I had spacers and the like)

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
That was my main reasoning for doing the rear spacer. Completely unloaded it was ok, but with gear, food, water, tent, etc. it looked way worse. The spacer remedied that completely (as much as I had spacers and the like)
I've always been hesitant to use spacers, for whatever reason, but I just pulled the trigger and ordered the .5 inch Teraflex spacers for the rear.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
I've always been hesitant to use spacers, for whatever reason, but I just pulled the trigger and ordered the .5 inch Teraflex spacers for the rear.
It's a cheap fix to the issue for sure. I ended up swapping from the JKS 2.5" HD springs to their 3.5" HD springs (the 3.5" HD springs weren't out when I originally started piecing together my suspension setup) and kept the 1/2" rear spacer after the swap. Not mad about it :P

Sponsored

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
It's a cheap fix to the issue for sure. I ended up swapping from the JKS 2.5" HD springs to their 3.5" HD springs (the 3.5" HD springs weren't out when I originally started piecing together my suspension setup) and kept the 1/2" rear spacer after the swap. Not mad about it :P
That's actually another option I was looking at, ordering new rear springs. I'll see what the spacers do, but may end up there down the line as well. Did you have to replace your rear shocks since you had more lift?

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
That's actually another option I was looking at, ordering new rear springs. I'll see what the spacers do, but may end up there down the line as well. Did you have to replace your rear shocks since you had more lift?
Nope - I have the Evo-spec King 2.5's with the adjusters for 2.5"-5" of lift so they were good to go. Really would have sucked to have to replace those.

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Nope - I have the Evo-spec King 2.5's with the adjusters for 2.5"-5" of lift so they were good to go. Really would have sucked to have to replace those.
That's one thing I need to keep in mind, is my shocks. I went full send on my suspension, but went bare bones for shocks. They're good shocks, but not sure how well they'll handle another inch of lift in the rear, might max out.

Perrier11

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
4in Superlift dual-rate with Fox Shocks
Black Rhino wheels
37in Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit FB886996-E27B-4BDE-A4FC-DCBB90E4F2B0

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
That's one thing I need to keep in mind, is my shocks. I went full send on my suspension, but went bare bones for shocks. They're good shocks, but not sure how well they'll handle another inch of lift in the rear, might max out.
If you didn't go full-send on the shocks that's a good thing. I'd get your heights dialed in right where you want them before investing big mooney in to some Gucci shocks. I would not have swapped springs if I had to somehow sell that set of King's just to fund another set of King's - hard pass 🤣
Sponsored