Sponsored

35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
Will do! I can't wait to see how the lift will look. The livingroom has been full of cardboard boxes and jeep parts for the last couple of months (much to the girlfriend's dismay...no garage). I'm planning on installing Rusty's hinged tire carrier reinforcement, spare tire, and LED ring third brake light once the lift is installed, as well as front and rear inner liners. I had to chop the fronts for AAL high-line DRL's and the back for rubbing.

Hahah, nice!! Did you order the jeep? Are you planning on installing it all immediately?
I ordered teraflex alpha carrier, Tazer, Diff covers MC tie rod/drag link, Winch and various other goodies. So no Jeep ordered yet. A month or two to put a dent in the purchased goods. Then order. You know I should probably drive it a month or so to be sure nothing major before installing every thing. It’ll be hard. Would or did you wait?
Sponsored

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I ordered teraflex alpha carrier, Tazer, Diff covers MC tie rod/drag link, Winch and various other goodies. So no Jeep ordered yet. A month or two to put a dent in the purchased goods. Then order. You know I should probably drive it a month or so to be sure nothing major before installing every thing. It’ll be hard. Would or did you wait?
Nice, I was definitely considering the teraflex alpha carrier but I also wanted to replace, not reinforce the hinges for the 37s. I would've had to get the Rugged Ridge hinged carrier as well, but for the price of the alpha and RR, Rusty's with the complete system and e-coating sold it for me. They should be on the lighter side, about 101 lbs, but I still want peace of mind when opening and closing the tailgate. Gotcha, I understand. I got the jeep back on May 25th and just did decals and interior upgrades first about a month in. First big install was the step sliders for my family to get in the beast back in like June/July. What are you planning on ordering? Rubicon/Sahara/Diesel/4xe/392? Yeah, I'd definitely take some time driving it and getting a feel for anything. Enjoy the smaller upgrades like personalization on the interior. That's what I did. I left the crappy bubble film on my 8.4" until I was able to get a screen protector. Grab handles were one of the first small mods to help get my family up and in. I wanted to enjoy the process of slowly modding at first, now I just fast tracked the major upgrades so I can go out on trails and mountain adventures.

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
Nice, I was definitely considering the teraflex alpha carrier but I also wanted to replace, not reinforce the hinges for the 37s. I would've had to get the Rugged Ridge hinged carrier as well, but for the price of the alpha and RR, Rusty's with the complete system and e-coating sold it for me. They should be on the lighter side, about 101 lbs, but I still want peace of mind when opening and closing the tailgate. Gotcha, I understand. I got the jeep back on May 25th and just did decals and interior upgrades first about a month in. First big install was the step sliders for my family to get in the beast back in like June/July. What are you planning on ordering? Rubicon/Sahara/Diesel/4xe/392? Yeah, I'd definitely take some time driving it and getting a feel for anything. Enjoy the smaller upgrades like personalization on the interior. That's what I did. I left the crappy bubble film on my 8.4" until I was able to get a screen protector. Grab handles were one of the first small mods to help get my family up and in. I wanted to enjoy the process of slowly modding at first, now I just fast tracked the major upgrades so I can go out on trails and mountain adventures.
Yes I have a JK now built up so that makes it that much more difficult waiting on the lift and tires knowing what I could have. I’ll try to hold out for a few months on lift and tires. I usually make a trip to Colorado each Fall so just want to be done by then. I was settled on the JLUR 3.6 until the 392 debut. So I’ll wait to see how that pricing turns out and the availability and decide. I actually got two sets of wheels and tires. One wheeling set with Goodyear MTRs that I won’t mind if they get rock rash and one city driving set on Ridge Grapplers. I’ll likely try to run them close to 50/50 so they each last a while and neither get old. It’ll be fun to swap between and change the look of the Jeep.

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
35's with Mopar lift.

I really wanted 37's, but the cost of the re-gear, re-enforcement spare tire, more weight, less fuel efficient, more strain on the axles, still have factory warranty .. just not worth it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit C9E974F6-8227-4D40-A255-6895463F8378

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
35's with Mopar lift.

I really wanted 37's, but the cost of the re-gear, re-enforcement spare tire, more weight, less fuel efficient, more strain on the axles, still have factory warranty .. just not worth it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit C9E974F6-8227-4D40-A255-6895463F8378
Dealers sell wranglers with 37s and 4.10s.

Sponsored

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Dealers sell wranglers with 37s and 4.10s.
I hear over time, parts break quicker, the acceleration is gutless if you don’t regear to 4.88 or 5.13.

Just would worry because this is getting to be an expensive vehicle.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
I hear over time, parts break quicker, the acceleration is gutless if you don’t regear to 4.88 or 5.13.

I've been running 37's on my Rubicon with stock gearing since I got it. I don't even know how many miles of trail it's seen and I haven't snapped anything up yet (probably just jinxed myself though) and acceleration is still more than sufficient *shrug*

Edit - I get where you're coming from though. However, if running 37's on an otherwise stock drivetrain were an issue, I don't think AEV would touch 37's with a 10 foot pole on their factory-built JL platform.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running 37's on my Rubicon with stock gearing since I got it. I don't even know how many miles of trail it's seen and I haven't snapped anything up yet (probably just jinxed myself though) and acceleration is still more than sufficient *shrug*
Ditto

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Edit - I get where you're coming from though. However, if running 37's on an otherwise stock drivetrain were an issue, I don't think AEV would touch 37's with a 10 foot pole on their factory-built JL platform.
Thanks for the info!

hows the acceleration with 37s? Are you filling up a lot more?

what I could do is wait till these 35’s need to be replaced and get 37’s

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
what I could do is wait till these 35’s need to be replaced and get 37’s
That is my plan as well. I’m sitting on 35’s with a 2.5” MC GC and will replace with 37’s or 38’s (and possibly MC’s 3.5” coils).

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 564C2875-6B56-4649-8A2E-66EA9E6A6917

Jmac007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

I think most of the people that are saying those things about 37s aren’t actually running 37s. Especially on a Rubicon. That’s an old school mentality and the new JL seems to do just fine with 37s. There is always cases out there where people have problems, but there are plenty of people who have issues with their wranglers from the factory bone stock. I just went 37s and so far my Rubicon drives just fine. It’s not a pig and handles the same it did stock. If you eventually want those 37s I’d say go for it man

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
Looks like wheel spacers aren't needed for 35" tires and factory Rubicon wheels. Anyone running 37s on Rubicon wheels without wheel spacers?
I tested my JKU's 315/70-17 Duratracs on stock "Moab" wheels onto my JLUR wo spaces for road 300 miles without rubbing. I then fully flexed each front tires with sway bar disconnected. Tires did not rub at all. But my JLUR has meta bumpers.

chicknwithabeer

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl RUBICON 2018 Jeep Jl SAHARA 2001 Land Rover Disco II
Vehicle Showcase
37's 3.5 Rough country lift. Stock Gears Super Chip Pulsar. Gets to 7th gear acceleration is great.
Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit lifted