Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve only played with it briefly on the forklift. We’ll see what the real world flexing shows me.

As for the front, I can tell you it there will be no need to do any trimming with the AAL setup in the front. There is just tons of room up there.

In the rear, I have not done anything yet. I still need to split the flares and get rid of the liner. That is in progress, just waiting on AAL rear liners. We were into the bump stops hard and only had slight contact with the liner. Additionally I may have to trim the rear pinch seam just slightly... waiting to see.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
I too have been waiting over a couple months now for rear liners and retention hardware. Hopefully any year now. I salvaged what I could from the stock rear liner, but it'll look much better with the AAL treatment. I also had to lose the rear bumper to fender filler panels for clearance, and the rear pinch seal will definitely have to get the Roky trim. I'm on 38's and waiting for the rest of a 3.5" metalcloak lift parts to arrive.
Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 20200628_200357
Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 20200701_095511
Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I too have been waiting over a couple months now for rear liners and retention hardware. Hopefully any year now. I salvaged what I could from the stock rear liner, but it'll look much better with the AAL treatment. I also had to lose the rear bumper to fender filler panels for clearance, and the rear pinch seal will definitely have to get the Roky trim. I'm on 38's and waiting for the rest of a 3.5" metalcloak lift parts to arrive.
20200628_200357.jpg
20200701_095511.jpg
The 38-39's definitely fill out the wheel well:like:

-Steven

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 38-39's definitely fill out the wheel well:like:

-Steven
I already chopped the front fenders a couple weeks before switching out the 35's for the 38's, with the intention of doing the rears when the rear liners finally come in. Yeah, that didn't happen. I barely made it a couple miles away from the tire shop before hearing the rear tires nibble at the plastic wheelwell parts on every bump and dip. Also, couldn't turn more than half way to full lock before the tire was into the front bumper wings. Drove straight to where I keep the tools, and had to remove the rear filler panels and the wings. Next day, rear fender chop and had to abbreviate half of the rear liners as a stop gap. Fingers crossed that i get the rear liners sometime soon. Ordered them at the end of April.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I already chopped the front fenders a couple weeks before switching out the 35's for the 38's, with the intention of doing the rears when the rear liners finally come in. Yeah, that didn't happen. I barely made it a couple miles away from the tire shop before hearing the rear tires nibble at the plastic wheelwell parts on every bump and dip. Also, couldn't turn more than half way to full lock before the tire was into the front bumper wings. Drove straight to where I keep the tools, and had to remove the rear filler panels and the wings. Next day, rear fender chop and had to abbreviate half of the rear liners as a stop gap. Fingers crossed that i get the rear liners sometime soon. Ordered them at the end of April.
I hope they show up soon for you! Did you go with AAL?

Also, what offset are you running on your wheels? Appreciate the help/knowledge.

-Steven

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
AAL makes some very stuff. I really like it. It’s just so frustrating waiting that long. I’d be tempted to go with someone else in the rear if my OCD wasn’t so bad. I think I’m going to change up the flares anyway and am tempted just to use that companies liner.

Sponsored

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How much lift you running?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AAL makes some very stuff. I really like it. It’s just so frustrating waiting that long. I’d be tempted to go with someone else in the rear if my OCD wasn’t so bad. I think I’m going to change up the flares anyway and am tempted just to use that companies liner.
My ocd is just strong enough to make me wait for the matching rear set
How much lift you running?
I'm currently sitting on top of a Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift. Originally, I planned on not going any bigger than 35" tires and didn't want more fender gap than what was needed. It's one of the only true 2" kits and comes with a set of fox shocks tuned to the Dynatrac springs. But it's not a complete kit so I added 8 control arms and a rear track bar from Synergy and the full SteerSmarts steering package and front track bar. It all turned out great, but I wanted more. I've been kicking myself for not just going metalcloak right out of the gate, so now I'm sitting on a full set of their 3.5" dual rate springs and am just waiting for the 6-packs, the shock relocation brackets, and rear sway links. I also have a set of rock Krawler no limits front sway links on their way. I'll just have to readjust track bars and control arms for the increased height.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hope they show up soon for you! Did you go with AAL?

Also, what offset are you running on your wheels? Appreciate the help/knowledge.

-Steven
Yes, ordered the AAL rear liners and fender retention hardware to match the front and to get rid of those ugly white plastic clips.

Wheels are 17x9, -12 mm offset, and 4.53" backspace.
Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 20200525_140825

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
AEV 2.5 inch Dualsport suspension, AEV (JK) Salta 17x8.5 wheels and BF Goodrich 37x12.50x17 KO2s.

I've got the @lodoffroad Destroyer on the front and back, with a Warn VR Evo 10s Winch to round it out.

I've been waiting a whole year to post in this thread!

IMG_20200701_145055.jpg

IMG_20200701_145111.jpg

IMG_20200701_145149.jpg

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
For the guys with the AAL chopped fronts...do they rattle or shake at all? I thought I saw a comment about someone ending up doing a couple rivnuts to get rid of it but that could have been a one-off crap install job.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For the guys with the AAL chopped fronts...do they rattle or shake at all? I thought I saw a comment about someone ending up doing a couple rivnuts to get rid of it but that could have been a one-off crap install job.
They don’t make any noise but I didn’t like the way the bottom flapped at highway speed. So I took the brace that was in there with the factory liner and modified it to fit in the chopped fender. So far it’s holding up great, and the fender doesn’t budge......

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 3D68EBDD-E472-4D7D-A7FE-3518426CC4BF

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No issues here. No noise, no flapping from mine.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
They don’t make any noise but I didn’t like the way the bottom flapped at highway speed. So I took the brace that was in there with the factory liner and modified it to fit in the chopped fender. So far it’s holding up great, and the fender doesn’t budge......

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit 3D68EBDD-E472-4D7D-A7FE-3518426CC4BF
Nice solution!

-Steven

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
My fender chopped fronts dont make any noise...no issues after 3 months.
Sponsored