Sponsored

35/12.5/17 with lift on Sport Factory Wheels?

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I am probably going to be purchasing the 2.5 RC kit for now.

We are trying to figure out what the factory offset is for the JL Sport and if with the 2.5 kit we can run our factory wheels with the 35/12.5/17 KO2s we already have. Would we need spacers/different wheels?

Anyone have pictures of this already done?

What offset would I need to run those tires?
Sponsored

Last edited:

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am probably going to be purchasing the 2.5 RC kit for now.

We are trying to figure out what the factory offset is for the JL Sport and if with the 2.5 kit we can run our factory wheels with the 315/12.5/17 KO2s we already have. Would we need spacers/different wheels?

Anyone have pictures of this already done?

What offset would I need to run those tires?
You don't need wheel spacers and can run that size on factory wheels if you want to. The JL has wider axles than previous models. I've been running them for almost two months, no rub, no issues on or off road.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need wheel spacers and can run that size on factory wheels if you want to. The JL has wider axles than previous models. I've been running them for almost two months, no rub, no issues on or off road.
The OP has a Sport which is different the the Rubicon.

Sponsored

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There's probably a ton of take off Rubi (and Rubi upgrade) wheels out there for sale, cheap, if you want to go that route.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm taking my Jeep when I get off work for the 2.5 EVO lift (seems same as the RC) and 315/70/17 KO2's on stock Rubicon wheels which from what I understand is the same size as the Sport wheels (backspacing, width).

They told me I'll need spacers to not rub. I would prefer not to have spacers but if there's any rub I'd want them. I just don't want the tires sticking out crazy far.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, aren't they still 17x7.5" wheels?
They are but I would imagine the 2" wider axles on the Rubicon is what makes the difference. From what I gather they will fit on a Rubicon with no rub at all but on a Sport they will rub a little bit on full lock. This is from what I gather from this forum but I should know more soon.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm taking my Jeep when I get off work for the 2.5 EVO lift (seems same as the RC) and 315/70/17 KO2's on stock Rubicon wheels which from what I understand is the same size as the Sport wheels (backspacing, width).

They told me I'll need spacers to not rub. I would prefer not to have spacers but if there's any rub I'd want them. I just don't want the tires sticking out crazy far.
4Wheel Parts told me the same thing and actually ordered them for me without asking me. They took them off the ticket after the install. Nobody knows much about the JL.

Sponsored

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
They are but I would imagine the 2" wider axles on the Rubicon is what makes the difference. From what I gather they will fit on a Rubicon with no rub at all but on a Sport they will rub a little bit on full lock. This is from what I gather from this forum but I should know more soon.
Rog, didn't realize only the Rubi was wider.

OP
OP
LailaiJl

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the responses guys...

I guess we are just gonna have to pull the bandaid and try it out. We figured it would run at full lock but could just be careful until we get new wheels. Tires sitting in the garage are killing me everytime I see them.

I also wanted to see if the rubi wheels would work on a sport with the 12.5 wide tire, to eliminate the need for spacers since I can get them cheap.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I also wanted to see if the rubi wheels would work on a sport with the 12.5 wide tire, to eliminate the need for spacers since I can get them cheap.
Sorry I jacked up your thread by not reading the entire title, but, this is a definite yes. The 315 version of the 35's actually show up on Discount Tire's website as min rim width of 7.5. I ran actual 35's on my stock Rubi (17x7.5) JK wheels for 4 years, no issues.

arjusmc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JL Unlimited Sport S
Thanks for the responses guys...

I guess we are just gonna have to pull the bandaid and try it out. We figured it would run at full lock but could just be careful until we get new wheels. Tires sitting in the garage are killing me everytime I see them.

let us know how it turns out, if my order ever gets built i'd like to do something similar

Trailjeepin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Let us know for sure. You have the regular black sport wheels right? Not the sport s? I plan to put 35’s on but was going to get some 1.5” spacers. Even so I believe both sport and sport S wheels are the same width. According to jeeps site. 7.5

The JL sport axles are 1” wider than the JK axles. And JL Rubicon even more so.
Sponsored

Last edited: