2020 JLUR
Okay so here’s what I’ve installed on my 19 JLUR in the suspension department:
  1. Fox shocks from the 2”Mopar lift
  2. 2.5” RK Springs
  3. Teraflex Adjustable LCAs
  4. .75 spring spacer up front to level
  5. Steersmarts HD Yeti Trackbar
  6. 35” tires on stock Rubi wheels
The front tires at full lock (on drivers side) are rubbing the Teraflex LCA. I was pretty confident in all the reading I did I should have no rubbing. Is something out of adjustment? Second question off topic....what’s the best way to measure for level on the Jeep? It was easy when I ran 4runners but the Rubi has different height fenders. Where do I measure? Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
No wheel spacers? There has been more than one it seems that gets rubbing with 12.5 wide tires on stock wheels with no spacer. Can limit the turning radius so you can go full lock from what I have read, but am unsure how to do that.

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No wheel spacers? There has been more than one it seems that gets rubbing with 12.5 wide tires on stock wheels with no spacer. Can limit the turning radius so you can go full lock from what I have read, but am unsure how to do that.
Correct...no wheel spacers.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I'm running Mopar lift LCA with AEV + 25 offset (5.73 ) with BFG 315's no rub at all. Not that it helps. Do the Teraflex Adjustable LCAs have a big bend like the stockers?

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm running Mopar lift LCA with AEV + 25 offset (5.73 ) with BFG 315's no rub at all. Not that it helps. Do the Teraflex Adjustable LCAs have a big bend like the stockers?
They definitely have a bend...I didn’t compare the two when I took them off though.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Okay so here’s what I’ve installed on my 19 JLUR in the suspension department:
  1. Fox shocks from the 2”Mopar lift
  2. 2.5” RK Springs
  3. Teraflex Adjustable LCAs
  4. .75 spring spacer up front to level
  5. Steersmarts HD Yeti Trackbar
  6. 35” tires on stock Rubi wheels
The front tires at full lock (on drivers side) are rubbing the Teraflex LCA. I was pretty confident in all the reading I did I should have no rubbing. Is something out of adjustment? Second question off topic....what’s the best way to measure for level on the Jeep? It was easy when I ran 4runners but the Rubi has different height fenders. Where do I measure? Thanks in advance for the help.
Just adjust out your steering stops a couple turns. You’ll never notice it. I’m running 37s with stock wheels and no spacers.

This picture was from my 4 door.

71939C44-9E8A-4D84-A04F-CFC4425FED86.jpeg

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Stock wheels have a lot of backspacing. If you don’t plan on changing the wheels any time soon, then you might consider wheel spacers. They are a cheep alternative. I have a metal cloak lift, who recommended spacers as well.

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The issue is the stock wheels, as mentioned above. @OnlyOne or @MandKM method of fixing it, either one, will work great.
So if I go with aftermarket wheels, in fact I like the Quadratec ‘41 wheels, what amount of backspacing do I need to ensure the wheel has? I’ve watched a few videos to learn about offset and backspacing, but I don’t have the context of knowing the stock Rubi’s wheels backspacing.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So if I go with aftermarket wheels, in fact I like the Quadratec ‘41 wheels, what amount of backspacing do I need to ensure the wheel has? I’ve watched a few videos to learn about offset and backspacing, but I don’t have the context of knowing the stock Rubi’s wheels backspacing.
For a reference I have a 4.5 “ backspace and it doesn’t rub anything, and my rk control arms are not bent in, they’re bent up for ground clearance. The only drawback is, with a -12 offset and 4.5” backspace, your tires will stick out past the fenders a little. For some guys that’s a deal breaker..., for me, ....I like the look of the stance better.. just my opinion...Here’s pic.....

334688BF-D95E-46C4-94AC-9547A6AC8355.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For a reference I have a 4.5 “ backspace and it doesn’t rub anything, and my rk control arms are not bent in, they’re bent up for ground clearance. The only drawback is, with a -12 offset and 4.5” backspace, your tires will stick out past the fenders a little. For some guys that’s a deal breaker..., for me, ....I like the look of the stance better.. just my opinion...Here’s pic.....

Thanks for the reply. I do like them poking out a bit. So the higher the number on backspacing, the greater the poke...correct?

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

The wheels I am looking at have a 5.2” backspacing and +10 offset. If I understand the math I should end up about where you are. The extra backspacing on this wheel (over your 4.5”) compensates for the positive offset (instead of your negative which is what I would really want).

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The wheels I am looking at have a 5.2” backspacing and +10 offset. If I understand the math I should end up about where you are. The extra backspacing on this wheel (over your 4.5”) compensates for the positive offset (instead of your negative which is what I would really want).
That sounds right, but you might want to verify with google or something, I’m not familiar with positive offset wheels.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Actually I think the lower the backspace number, the more it pushes the wheel out.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for the reply. I do like them poking out a bit. So the higher the number on backspacing, the greater the poke...correct?
Actually I think the lower the backspace number, the more it pushes the wheel out.
correct, the lower the backspacing the more the wheels are pushed out.
Sponsored