Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing lots of people talking about how 35” spare is setting off the parksense sensor, but not seeing anyone talk about a fix. I have a taser so I could turn it off, but I was thrilled to have the feature and would like to keep it.

can anyone report back a solid fix?
Sponsored

Aloosh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Seeing lots of people talking about how 35” spare is setting off the parksense sensor, but not seeing anyone talk about a fix. I have a taser so I could turn it off, but I was thrilled to have the feature and would like to keep it.

can anyone report back a solid fix?

I had the same issue with my 34’s. The valve stem on the spare was positioned at the 9 o’clock spot and it was causing my left rear sensor to go off. Rotate the spare and put the valve stem closest to the 12 o’clock position. This solved my issue.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just order the rough country relocation kit, and energy suspension spare bump kit, hopefully that fixes the issue. I am also going to try rotating the spare as you suggested

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I ran a 35 on stock wheels and stock carrier, no issue. I've since replaced the carrier to raise the tire off the steel rear bumper, and still no issue with rear park sense.

Edited to add: Going from a 285 ko2 to a 315 ko2, the bottom of the back up cam image is slightly framed with the spare tire, but still hasn't caused any issues.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have 35x12.5r17 ridge grapplers on rugged ridge Jesse spade wheels with a 4.53 backspace and my sensor goes off anytime I reverse

Sponsored

Aloosh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have 35x12.5r17 ridge grapplers on rugged ridge Jesse spade wheels with a 4.53 backspace and my sensor goes off anytime I reverse
Heres a pic of mine from the backup camera. I have 315 ko2 on fuel off-road beast wheels with -12 offset. It’s just inside the rear sensor location. Good luck with yours

CB0EFBF7-6759-4878-9096-5C0E13B5F8AA.jpeg

Iko2019

First Name
Ed Quick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Pretty much the same on my 35” on Fuels. Looking for solutions. Also my center park sense alarm goes off while in reveverse

AZRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I have this issue after putting on a BFG 35" spare on the stock carrier with a RedRock 4x4 HD Tailgate Reinforcement Panel (18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL). Not at all sure why the placement matters. Had the valve stem at 11 o'clock and weights at 6, spun clockwise so stem was 1 o'clock and weights at 8 and it stopped. BUT ... this is not a camera thing, Park-Sense is driven by the sensors in the bumper not what you see in the camera.

Ali7jojo

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl Rubicon
I had the driver side and the center sensors going crazy since i used the spare tire BFG KO2 on mopar beadlock simulated rims , its solved know really simple …i solved it by putting the spare and the stem valve located downside 6 o’clock ok but if the stem valve positioned anywhere else will makes the sensors going off like sht. Photos attached(look at the valve position: you need to aim it at 6 o’clock)

Jeep Wrangler JL 35” spare setting off parksense sensor 9411CC51-153E-4E09-A6EC-90CC3B842988

Jeep Wrangler JL 35” spare setting off parksense sensor FCE27EF3-82B0-45DB-9999-153FFC91DED3

57B1C8C6-82E3-4DA1-93D5-2AC1FABE2C52.jpeg

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
My driver's side goes off randomly when nothing is back there. 22 XR with Mopar hinge reinforcement.

I noticed it occurring more frequently when I put my license plate on of all things.

The parking sensor work off high frequency sound detection. If anyone doesn't know, it's like bat sonar or i guess you could correlate it to radar.

So my guess is that somehow under certain circumstances, the sound waves are being reflected back just right. Why a valve stem or wheel weight would effect that i have no idea because technically the sound wave would hit the tire/wheel first.

I know one guy here mentioned putting tape on the tire tread and the issue immediately stopped. meaning his tread was redirecting the sound wave back just right to trigger the sensor. It's possible everyone rotating the tire thinking it's the stem is really just hitting the sweet spot on the tire tread.

Easy test is to pull of the spare and see if the issue goes away.

ScottA2121

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I had the same issue when adding 35's with new -12 wheels. Simple fix was removing spare and adjusting the tire location. I also tightened the bottom lug down first and gently tightened the top two so the camera angle picks up the tire a bit differently. This worked for me, no more annoying beeping in reverse and spare tire is secure.
Sponsored