35’s on stock Sport 2 door

JeepinUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
Found a pretty unique tire size and took some measurements on my jeep and did a ton of research and decided to buy the tires knowing they would render the vehicle a street only jeep. But with a three-year-old and a four week old I will not find myself on any trails anytime soon! And I can take my time on which lift to install when the time comes (or a good sale I can’t refuse).
No one would install them so I jacked up the jeep in the driveway and removed all the tires and had 4 of these mounted and balanced with the 35’s. Holding off on buying a spare until I determine if I really like them because then I will need some parts to make it fit on the back of the jeep which will also cause a little more sag back there. More research and phone calls were required to find a place that could balance them.. I only went as big as almost 33’s on my old TJ and of course that size is main stream enough where anyone would mount and balance them.

No issues turning lock to lock.
Enough clearance for on road driving including speed bumps which I drive over daily. I haven’t yet found the limit of the setup but I will using the ramps I have and other street obstacles.

Overall happy with the tires on road performance and how the jeep now drives with them. It obviously could use a regear but my commute to work is back roads and Max 40 miles an hour so not an issue.

First tank showed 22.7mpg over 278mi.

3C231304-78B3-4C2C-A28E-AA6DE419609F.jpeg

E6CF3880-D632-4749-A088-559F866FEE02.jpeg

EDA30067-9085-4954-9F94-3F2E61FD7258.jpeg
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I like that you kept the stock steel wheels, that part looks great. The tires look a little stuffed though.

What is the unique tire size you found?

A 2" spacer lift or a 4 door Rubicon suspension should get a little more space above those tires without breaking the bank.

OP
OP

JeepinUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport
I really never introduced myself. I’m on my third jeep, first non TJ. I will never daily drive anything but a stick wrangler (or ok, a stick challenger if you twist my arm). My first jeep was a 2006 with the 2.4L engine, a manual trans, the sun rider soft top, carpeting, no ac and no center floor console. But the doors came off and it could tow my little fishing boat and haul friends and gear for fishing. No mods.

Second was a gem of a find, used 2005 LJ Rubicon with 28k miles and at that point was 5 years old. That one got an extensive Rancho 3.5” short arm lift (SA’s obviously, springs, front brake line extensions, drop pitman arm, relocation brackets, new front and rear end links, etc. and I also purchased new Rancho shocks. Took my buddy and I many hours over many days. Then i had some Hercules 285/75R16’s installed on the stock rubicon aluminum rims (unmounted / loaded they didn’t quite measure 33”) tires and when mounted and under load didn’t even hit 32” but they got me through some gnarly terrain.

It had death wobble real bad after the mods so I had to throw cam bolts on the front axle and a Rancho steering stabilizer. All fun and good stuff for me to work on and fix, when time was more available!

I was very sad to see it go, it wasn’t my choice.

I’ll be honest I had to look up a pic of an Icelandic ice truck and had a good laugh, that’s absolutely my look right now!

I could use a bit of a lift now that the tires are on.. The tires give around 1.5” of height so I was thinking of just doing a 1.5” spacer lift so I don’t mess with factory suspension geometry too much. Or just getting rubicon fenders front and rear. They are made in the USA as far as I know and could be just enough more clearance to get away with it as is for a while.

I found some 35x10.50R17’s so no need for a different rim since they aren’t much wider than the stock 245mm width tire. They measured a little above 34 3/8” or so mounted on the rim but not installed. They really don’t stick out much from beneath the stock flares. There still seems to be a good amount of air space below the stock fenders but since they aren’t flat top style and have that outer edge that goes down and the inner fender liner attaches to it, that area really takes away from the otherwise available space for flexing. Since these tires aren’t much wider I feel like not much of a lift will allow the axles to rotate up into the middle part of the fenders and maximize what height they offer.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!