Sponsored

35’s on Rubicon without Lift

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
I believe the new rubicon’s will accommodate 35s without a lift. Are there any pictures of this combo? I think at the LA auto show some of them had 35s but not sure if those had lifts or not? Thanks
Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the new rubicon’s will accommodate 35s without a lift. Are there any pictures of this combo? I think at the LA auto show some of them had 35s but not sure if those had lifts or not? Thanks
It's possible but they did not have a Rubicon at the show with the 35's. Both the models there had 33's. There is a white one there (sport) that had Mopars 2" lift and 35's. Looked good (I'd estimate the fender clearance with it's lower position looked about the same as the 33's on the Rubicon).

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
It's possible but they did not have a Rubicon at the show with the 35's. Both the models there had 33's. There is a white one there (sport) that had Mopars 2" lift and 35's. Looked good (I'd estimate the fender clearance with it's lower position looked about the same as the 33's on the Rubicon).
The Mojito customized JL had 35's, but it also had the Mopar 2 inch lift.

OP
OP

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
If I decide to put a 2 inch lift on with 35s is it safe to assume I won’t be able to park it in most parking garages and regular garages at that point?

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
If I decide to put a 2 inch lift on with 35s is it safe to assume I won’t be able to park it in most parking garages and regular garages at that point?
I would say it is safe to assume you would be able to with no issue. I have seen JK's with bigger lifts running 37's in a parking garage at the airport.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
That’s encouraging to know it should be able to fit in a parking garage with a lift and 35s. A few more questions from a newbie. What would the approx height be of the vehicle with a 2 inch lift and the 35s. Also, what is the primary purpose of going with 35s instead of the stock 33s besides looking super cool? I assume it would be better off road but worse on the road? Thanks

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
That’s encouraging to know it should be able to fit in a parking garage with a lift and 35s. A few more questions from a newbie. What would the approx height be of the vehicle with a 2 inch lift and the 35s. Also, what is the primary purpose of going with 35s instead of the stock 33s besides looking super cool? I assume it would be better off road but worse on the road? Thanks
Not sure, but I measured a Jeep with a 4 inch lift running 38's and it was a bit over 7 feet tall.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
For me, with an unlimited, I'd be going for better breakover angle. However, I'm going to look closely at the 33's. They may be fine. I'll compare it to my JKUR with 2" lift and 33's and then decide. My wife is pressuring the hell out of me to go with 35's and the lift. We had a loaner 2017 Sport with a 3 to 4 inch lift and 35's for a week and she fell in love with it. It's commanding ride height was intoxicating, for sure! I like the idea of better fuel economy and stock handling, though. I'm back and forth on it.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
For me, with an unlimited, I'd be going for better breakover angle. However, I'm going to look closely at the 33's. They may be fine. I'll compare it to my JKUR with 2" lift and 33's and then decide. My wife is pressuring the hell out of me to go with 35's and the lift. We had a loaner 2017 Sport with a 3 to 4 inch lift and 35's for a week and she fell in love with it. It's commanding ride height was intoxicating, for sure! I like the idea of better fuel economy and stock handling, though. I'm back and forth on it.
+1 The wife!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The wife is encouraging you to go bigger and you are wanting gas mileage?
...And handling, power, etc. However, I think it might do just fine with 35's. I'm going to just check it out and drive it a little bit with the 33s, but don't be shocked if I impulsively take it to Discount Tire and saddle up with the 35's. If that happens, I'd give it an 85% chance that soon after, I order a 2" lift. Like I said, I'm back and forth on it.

I have to admit, though. 23mpg highway is VERY appealing after living with 17.5 to 18 out of my JKUR (with 33's), so I guess...yeah.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
...And handling, power, etc. However, I think it might do just fine with 35's. I'm going to just check it out and drive it a little bit with the 33s, but don't be shocked if I impulsively take it to Discount Tire and saddle up with the 35's. If that happens, I'd give it an 85% chance that soon after, I order a 2" lift. Like I said, I'm back and forth on it.

I have to admit, though. 23mpg highway is VERY appealing after living with 17.5 to 18 out of my JKUR (with 33's), so I guess...yeah.
I feel same way, I may just run the 33s until better lift systems come out from metalcloak then make the change once I wear the 33s down. We'll see

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2.5" lift and 35s on my JKU and fit parking garages, the only thing I hit is my CB antenna.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Looking around the forum, it seems quite a few folks run 35’s without a lift on their Rubicons. For those that do, did you add additional bumpstop? How much? Take care of rubbing off-road?

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
35's with rockstars and no rub and looks insane.

IMG_4247.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited: