Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to have an RC 2.5” budget lift installed and want to keep my 18” stock wheels to keep the cost down, I have looked and looked at tires and read thru lots of posts and have been told that an E rated tire is gonna be pretty stiff so a C or D rated tire is best so what tire in an 18” size would be suited to get me the closest to 35”

Discount tire is where I have pretty much done all my tire business and would like to stay with them if possible
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac comes in size 35x12.5x18 load range D. I don't know of others this size in load range C or D.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the trouble I’m running into and from talking to Tankcustoms a C or D rated tire is best as once you get into the E rated ones the ride gets stiff and looking at the 18” tire options are very limited in C and D ratings, I would like to be able to keep the factory rims as that’s a cost I am not sure I want to do but will do the lift and run with the rubber I have and look for choices

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well after looking and looking and talking to @TTEChris at Tankcustoms I am pretty set on getting a RC 2.5” Budget lift and RC spare tire relocator and then go with 35 x 12.5 x R18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac in a D2 load range to keep things quiet, I plan on putting these on my stock Sahara rims but Chris suggested I sell the full set and just get new rims but I do like the rims and not sure what I could get for these

BBC38E9F-EAEA-4EBB-A291-9BD4430501BE.jpeg

The tires currently have 4K miles on them and the spare has never seen the road so what do you guys think, should I just buy new rims to go with the new 35’s or put them on my stock rims and if all of you think new rims are in order what brands should I look at.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking at 18” wheels and came across American Outlaw wheels and they look pretty,nice but I know nothing about them, I am wanting to pair them with 35”Duratracs

Not opposed to something else but these two choices look nice and the second one is my favorite but also the most expensive
CD1DE04C-0C31-4EE0-A048-CDBB9BB46A4E.jpeg
C57B6A29-7A57-446D-B172-4A9BC46E2306.jpeg
Sponsored