jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So if I'm understanding you correctly. If I go with that rubi take off, get the 3/4 spacers, I'll have a lift that is a 1/4 inch less than yours? I think I can live with that. I like the look of the pictures you sent.
I think you should get the exact same amount of lift I got because you're going up the same number of steps. I have tow package and hard top so that's why I have 1 higher in back. You should get a solid 2".
Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I have an "in general" Question. Is there any reason the Rubicon suspension has this "lift" built in? Does it actually give the Rubi a lift or does the rubi just weigh more so it needs longer, stiffer springs? Just curious.
Stock Rubi has a "lift" - it is taller than Sport by roughly 1.5" . "Sprung" weight is probably not any heavier (axles/tires don't count)- unless it has the steel bumper group but then they put on the taller springs to compensate. Might have a few other things I'm not thinking of for more weight but shouldn't amount to much difference.

OP
OP
KiknTiresLightnFires

KiknTiresLightnFires

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I think you should get the exact same amount of lift I got because you're going up the same number of steps. I have tow package and hard top so that's why I have 1 higher in back. You should get a solid 2".
Gotcha. I thought you had a little bit better rear than the ones I'm looking at, so it would be higher. So the photos you sent are a 2 inch lift essentially, or a little more? Also could you send a link to the other two items you got in addition to the rubi suspension. Thank You!

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha. I thought you had a little bit better rear than the ones I'm looking at, so it would be higher. So the photos you sent are a 2 inch lift essentially, or a little more? Also could you send a link to the other two items you got in addition to the rubi suspension. Thank You!
Right.

Spacers:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/daystar...JwzqcUUhmVJ3sseYBbaF4aEAxfs-seZxoC0hMQAvD_BwE

Lower Control Arms:
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/68322798aa.html

If you're unsure about your eventual direction, you could get some adjustable lower control arms instead. Kinda wish I did so I could try dialing in a bit more caster. Teraflex makes some. Lots of choices. Replacing those LCAs is a pain because torque is 190 ft-lbs.

Rechecked my measurements. These are after the springs settled for a week. I netted:

2-1/4" rear
2-1/2" front

Here's a before and after:

before.jpg

after settled.jpg

before.jpg

OP
OP
KiknTiresLightnFires

KiknTiresLightnFires

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can look at the Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit if you want more lift than the 3/4" spacers I have. Might need an adjustable track bar to re-center your axles with that.
Just picked up the Rubi take-off suspension. Can't wait to put it on, but I still am deciding on spacers. So if what you have on yours is the .75 inch spacers and I got with the teraflex 1.5 inch spacer kit, that would be roughly a 2.5 inch lift? Hmm that might look a little weird with 33s. You're right it might be best to stick with the .75s all around. Does anyone have any examples of what that would look like (2.5 inch).

Am I doing the math on this correctly? lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KiknTiresLightnFires

KiknTiresLightnFires

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"In other math news..."

I was looking at the other forum you were in talking about rubi take off suspension. If the other user is correct and each number is equal to a half inch I think I might need .75 spacers up front and .5 spacers in the rear.

My old suspension vs the new Rubi suspension spring part numbers:

Front
Rubi (61) - Sport (58) = +3
Rubi (60) - Sport (57) = +3

Rear
Rubi (91) - Sport (87) = +4
Rubi (90) - Sport (86) = +4

Again. I'm still new at this so I'm trying to make sure I'm understanding all of this correctly. Want a great functional lift but also don't wont my daily driver looking bizarre and having death wobble issues when after I put this on lol. Appreciate the help guys.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
"In other math news..."

I was looking at the other forum you were in talking about rubi take off suspension. If the other user is correct and each number is equal to a half inch I think I might need .75 spacers up front and .5 spacers in the rear.

My old suspension vs the new Rubi suspension spring part numbers:

Front
Rubi (61) - Sport (58) = +3
Rubi (60) - Sport (57) = +3

Rear
Rubi (91) - Sport (87) = +4
Rubi (90) - Sport (86) = +4

Again. I'm still new at this so I'm trying to make sure I'm understanding all of this correctly. Want a great functional lift but also don't wont my daily driver looking bizarre and having death wobble issues when after I put this on lol. Appreciate the help guys.
I went up 3 in the front and 4 in the back as well and ended up gaining more lift in front than rear. The Rubicon springs seem to be designed to carry more weight up front. I think the 1/2" thing is a rough guess and no one has really measured exactly. I do still have some rake. I think .75 up front and .5 in back could be perfect. Either way it should look great.

You could do the 1.5" Teraflex lift. But I think it would look a bit odd with 33" tires and you'd be pushing into territory where you might want to replace some other parts.

OP
OP
KiknTiresLightnFires

KiknTiresLightnFires

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went up 3 in the front and 4 in the back as well and ended up gaining more lift in front than rear. The Rubicon springs seem to be designed to carry more weight up front. I think the 1/2" thing is a rough guess and no one has really measured exactly. I do still have some rake. I think .75 up front and .5 in back could be perfect. Either way it should look great.

You could do the 1.5" Teraflex lift. But I think it would look a bit odd with 33" tires and you'd be pushing into territory where you might want to replace some other parts.
Gotcha gotcha. Might just make the most economical sense to do the .75 all around. It does look like you have a significant rake though on the back. Considering doing this with the .75 front spacer link you sent me.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/teraflex/rear-0.5-Inch-coil-spacer-load-level-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

Also while I'm at it. I'm assuming this is going to net me roughly 2-2.25 inches of lift total. Do I need to do the wheel spacers as well? They will be on the same Rubicon takeoff wheels just like you have. I know the tech I talked to a while back said you want to ideally have a neutral offset.

Gonna go pick up the LCAs from my dealer today as well. Slowly but surely all the parts are coming together. :)

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I measure 1/2" of rake front to back. I think it might look nice without the 3/4" spacer in back but no way I'm removing it. Maybe just give me a reason to put on steel rear bumper. Ha!
You won't need spacers. Keep us posted.

Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler jl sport 2.0
I went with 33's. 305/65/17 Cepek Extreme Terrain and Rubi suspension, with 1/2 in spacers. Gained 2 in inlift. Nice part is I can still hit 8th gear with our
Jeep Wrangler JL 33s vs 35s? (First lift and Larger Tire purchase) before
2.0 l.
Nice, I have the same jeep! I had an opportunity to snag a set of stock rubi 33s ko2 for 800$ but passed because I wasn't sure if I would rub or not with no lift. I'm new to the jeep world

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
JKS 3.5” lift (a true 4”), on Toyo OC AT2s, 285/70-17, auto tranny 8, 2.0T. I routinely see 8th gear under ideal conditions at 60-65 MPH, after tire size flash and about ten days to let the adaptive transmission ECU adjust. I won’t hesitate to go to 35s when I wear these out, without regearing.

That’s also on the stock 17x7.5 rims. It’s not just about tire and rim diameter, it’s about rolling weight. Different tires from two different brands, both the same diameter, can have a pretty good difference in weight, as well as different rims. I suggest you factor in the weight as well. If you can go light enough, you may not have to regear.

E63CD15B-B0E0-49F2-9E11-3AFBE5AD2435.jpeg

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
Nice, I have the same jeep! I had an opportunity to snag a set of stock rubi 33s ko2 for 800$ but passed because I wasn't sure if I would rub or not with no lift. I'm new to the jeep world
Should be no problem . I ran mine on stock suspension for almost a month.

OP
OP
KiknTiresLightnFires

KiknTiresLightnFires

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got the suspension and the spacers. About to put it all together. Just want to make sure about spring location. I'm assuming the 60s go up front and the 90s in the back and just coordinate them with which numbered spring was on their previously?

For example: my original suspension is 58 left and 57 right so Ill put 91 left and 90 right..Does this make sense?

Also assuming the front left and right and rear left and right shocks are interchangable?

I'll post some pics when its done

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the suspension and the spacers. About to put it all together. Just want to make sure about spring location. I'm assuming the 60s go up front and the 90s in the back and just coordinate them with which numbered spring was on their previously?

For example: my original suspension is 58 left and 57 right so Ill put 91 left and 90 right..Does this make sense?

Also assuming the front left and right and rear left and right shocks are interchangable?

I'll post some pics when its done
The 90 series springs go in rear and 60's go in front. From what I've seen, the larger of the two numbers (say a 61 and 62 front springs) goes on the passenger side to compensate for the weight of the fuel tank.

I haven't seen any side to side difference in shocks.