Sponsored

33's on a Sport/Sahara?

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Very nice! My Teraflex kit just came in the mail last week. Now can’t wait to install.
I feel the ride got a little more "floaty" than stock, and steering was more loose, but after a week it feels near back to what it was. Let me know what you think of this ride after the install. I'm probably going to install some taller shocks (rubi take offs) when they get in, just to help with the ride a little bit.
Sponsored

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
Does anyone have any experience with the following options on a stock Sahara or similar?

Option 1: K02 LT 285/75 R17 E, which are 33.9" tall and 11.3" wide.

Option 2: KO2 LT 34x10.50 R17 D, which are 33.5" tall and 10.6" wide.

Thanks in advance for your input.

NSEWestman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jdkfikeka
I'm trying to figure out if 33's will fit without rubbing offroard. Does anyone know?
I have a Sport S. I had 285/70/17's put on (33") and because the stock rim has a postivie offset I had to put on a 1.5" spaceer. Here's a before and after pic. I love the set up, I've put about 10k miles on it since and it's been great. The handling is a little more 'squirrelly' but to be expected. I took a 6k mile trip with the famliy in it and it was great, no complaints! That aside, I want to get rid of the spacer and am looking for ideas to upgrade to 20x9 or 20x10's on 35" BFG TO2's!

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

I should mention the dealership installed the oversized tires and since it changed the speedometer reading, it changes the total miles on the vehicle going forward and hence the warranty. They were required to reprogram the computer to the new tire size which is a flat rate or $125. Please keep that in mind if you wish to keep your factory warranty!

Last edited:

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I have a Sport S. I had 285/70/17's put on (33") and because the stock rim has a postivie offset I had to put on a 1.5" spaceer. Here's a before and after pic. I love the set up, I've put about 10k miles on it since and it's been great. The handling is a little more 'squirrelly' but to be expected. I took a 6k mile trip with the famliy in it and it was great, no complaints! That aside, I want to get rid of the spacer and am looking for ideas to upgrade to 20x9 or 20x10's on 35" BFG TO2's!

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

I should mention the dealership installed the oversized tires and since it changed the speedometer reading, it changes the total miles on the vehicle going forward and hence the warranty. They were required to reprogram the computer to the new tire size which is a flat rate or $125. Please keep that in mind if you wish to keep your factory warranty!
I'm really irritated with dealers saying your warranty will be void if you go with any other lift than the Mopar lift. SEMA and the M. Moss act protect you. The dealer has to prove that the aftermarket part caused a part failure. Dealers also cannot force a tire reprogram. Its suggested but not required. Your dealer is full of it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

I am sure there have been literally thousands of Jeeps that have been sold over the years where guys like me have either got a programmer and changed it ourselves or said the hell with it and put a lift on along with larger tires and did nothing but drive it and then many years later traded it in, if a dealer ever told me that my warranty would be voided if I put larger tires on without permission along with having my speedo recalibrated I would deal with another dealer

Sponsored

abngijoe

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

Looks great. Do you have a lift on it? I am putting on a take off Rubi suspension and replacing the stock and putting on BFG KO2's 285/70/17 and am wondering if the Rubi suspension and those tires will rub.

hubbit

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just updated mine...Toyo Open Country A/T on 17” Fuel wheels. Very pleased with the look. No rub at all thus far. Certainly heavier...I can feel in the pedal and transmission that it takes more to drag these things around with me than the stock Sahara wheels. Also more drift and louder. And, MPG average down from mid 19s to mid 17s. But, it’s all exactly what I expected and I’m good with it.

2A974E42-7AFB-440B-A7EF-93F0882C917A.jpeg

C926EEB3-82FE-4F6B-AE9D-748F5616CC8D.jpeg
What tire size are you running?

doodeabides

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara

Sponsored