Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
First snow. Grabber ATX were da bomb. Confident cornering in slippery conditions. Digging how 33s fill the wheel well on Sahara. Still no lift, no suspension mods

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport/Sahara? 20211210_152228_remastered
Sponsored

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
those look awesome. Can you please give some specifics for a new guy. Tires size and wheel choice. Offset and backspace. I really want to replace my tires as soon as I get my jeep but hesitate. I want 33 inch tires probably 10.5 inches wide and just outside the fenders....Seems like you got it right. Thanks. I have a sport S on the way.
my 285/70/17's with +1 offset (just outside fender) no lift, rubs the outside of tire on the inside of the cowl between the fender and the bumper, and on the upper stock skid plate at the top where the nut less screw goes in...both are small rubs and can be remedied fairly easily. 285 is 32.7" or 32.8" depending on tire, so kill me if I use 33" synonymously, lol. (70 = 11.2", so a tad wider than you suggested at 10.5" and would help solve the rub as it is slight...hope that's clear as mud, peace.

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I'm actually thinking about the -1 offset for a little less poke. Anyone have a similar setup? I've gone through a lot the wheel/tire threads and haven't seen anything.
You probably have a specific wheel in mind, but, if not, 0 is probably a lot easier to find and you will not be able to tell the difference without a micrometer.

Sponsored

kiddy2fan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer, 2011 Honda Civic
We just got these on today. Did a 1.5” teraflex spacer in front and a 1” in back with rubicon shocks. Ridge grapplers 285/70/18

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport/Sahara? PXL_20210705_144628731

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport/Sahara? PXL_20210705_144628731
In my honest opinion this is the ideal set up for the majority of jeeps on the road today

Sponsored

WRANBO

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I know that there is a lot of coverage on this already but I just wanted to add my experience as well for the next person.

I have a 2019 Sahara Unlimited, 2.0, 8 speed, 3:45 gearing.

Installed 285/70/17 Motomaster AT3s on JK Rubi rims (from my old 2017 Sport). Tires fit perfectly fine on a 7.5” factory rim. Tires clear fenders, no rubbing, or odd noises.

Transmission still shifts smoothly into all gears, including 8th (I know some seem to be having the issue of not seeing 8th at highway speeds when going up a tire size).

The vehicle feels a bit heavier while driving but certainly not in a reduced performance way (when turbo kicks on, she still flies).

I also bought the same tire for the spare and it fit fine with no adjustments being made to the 3rd brake light bracket (as some have suggested).

Definitely gives a tuff look to the Jeep. I may want to eventually get some Rubi springs and shocks to add some height in the fender wells. In my opinion, the 33” tires don’t look crammed as some have said, but I think balanced is the better word. Just so you know, your spring rate will also be higher (which allows more space between tire and fender) if you have the tow package (which I don’t).

I am pleased with my decision to go the 285/70/17 route.

FAB5FADD-4DE8-452C-930D-338D17EF61B3.jpeg

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
I have a new question. With the new wheels/tires I noticed the bumpers on the tailgate no longer touch the tires. Is this something I need to fix?

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I have a new question. With the new wheels/tires I noticed the bumpers on the tailgate no longer touch the tires. Is this something I need to fix?
Yes, you will want to install some longer spare tire bump stops. This is important as it helps reduce impact on your tailgate from the spare tire vibrating/moving around when you drive. If you don't, eventually, you could damage your spare tire carrier or the part of the tailgate it is attached to. I got mine from Quadratec for $19.99 shipped. You can just trim them down to your needed size and push them right in, easy peasy. There are some threads on here where I've seen people make their own for cheaper, which is cool, too. But either way, I wouldn't let that one go for too long.

Tailgate Spare Tire Bump Stop Kit
Quadratec Part #: 16053.5300

Clint Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Yes, you will want to install some longer spare tire bump stops. This is important as it helps reduce impact on your tailgate from the spare tire vibrating/moving around when you drive. If you don't, eventually, you could damage your spare tire carrier or the part of the tailgate it is attached to. I got mine from Quadratec for $19.99 shipped. You can just trim them down to your needed size and push them right in, easy peasy. There are some threads on here where I've seen people make their own for cheaper, which is cool, too. But either way, I wouldn't let that one go for too long.

Tailgate Spare Tire Bump Stop Kit
Quadratec Part #: 16053.5300
Thanks for the info!

jmoreland

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Sorry guys I haven’t been on here in a while. We do still like the setup we went with on our 2019 really well. We get compliments all the time. It had nothing to do with the suspension change but unfortunately the transmission went out at 34,800 miles. Luckily it was replaced under warranty and just took a few weeks to get one. They originally said it be 6-8 weeks.
Sponsored