Sponsored

33's on a Sport/Sahara?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I know I’m gonna get flamed for the look I went but I decided to go with 24x11 fuel assault wheels on Amp Mud Terrain tires. My tires are 35x13.50x24. I have no lift but I do plan to get the Mopar lift once they correct the bowing problem. Their is no rubbing inside the wheel well or against the bumper. The offset on my wheel is a -24.
No person here should flame you for doing your thing man. While it’s not my “style” I still like the look. You do you man and enjoy that nice Jeep!!

Semper Fi!
Sponsored

easterr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
I realize this thread is primarily related to 33s. However I thought this might be a good thread to ask about 35s on a Sahara. I have done a lot or reading and am confused about whether a lift is needed, or if there will adverse results with 35s. Thanks in advance

Gobi gil

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
33x12,50 Yokohama R18 Rhino Black arsenal 18 offset not. Lift

fatmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fancy new one for wifey, crappy old one for me
305/65 24-25 mpg 2.0L A8. Speedo re calibrated.

IMG_4901.jpg

Sport50%.jpg

Punkin 50%.jpg
Perfect look for the 2-door! Thanks for the post!

I've had many lifted trucks and jeeps in the past and while they look cool the trade-off in ride quality, MPG and acceleration has put me off on the lift and bigger tires route. However the stock Sport wheels and tires just look too lame and I do enough off-road to need more tread. The Rubi is actually pretty perfect for me but the extra $10k is hard to swallow since I don't need all that capability. blah blah blah .. analysis paralysis

I've been looking for the right balance of not having to modify the suspension, but getting a more aggressive tread and look on a 2-door. Was thinking of going with take off Rubi shocks, springs and wheels/tires but this looks just how I wanted.

What wheels are those? I assume they are 17" that makes it a about 32.5" x 12" x 17" tire.

So no rubbing? No lift? and not much change in acceleration? and MPG? sign me up!

Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect look for the 2-door! Thanks for the post!

I've had many lifted trucks and jeeps in the past and while they look cool the trade-off in ride quality, MPG and acceleration has put me off on the lift and bigger tires route. However the stock Sport wheels and tires just look too lame and I do enough off-road to need more tread. The Rubi is actually pretty perfect for me but the extra $10k is hard to swallow since I don't need all that capability. blah blah blah .. analysis paralysis

I've been looking for the right balance of not having to modify the suspension, but getting a more aggressive tread and look on a 2-door. Was thinking of going with take off Rubi shocks, springs and wheels/tires but this looks just how I wanted.

What wheels are those? I assume they are 17" that makes it a about 32.5" x 12" x 17" tire.

So no rubbing? No lift? and not much change in acceleration? and MPG? sign me up!
2" tuff country spacers (shock bushings with kit not needed)
Mopar Gladiator wheels
RS5000X 2" longer shocks
Falcon 2.2 EF steering Stabilizer
Only been on the trails once, no issues so far.
Likely the 2" higher Rubi fenders would get you the same clearance without messing with suspension.
Better shocks and stab is a must with bigger tires.
305/65/17 Mickey Thompson Baja mz3 are pretty close to 32" measured at 30 psi.
295/70/17 would prob be fine also. I got plenty of zip with the turbo and 8 speed. Never drove it with skinny tires.....dealer added mods except for the shocks and steering stab. i got shocks free after pointing out the spacer kit states it requires longer shocks and they messed up and didn't upgrade them as they should have..

Last edited:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I realize this thread is primarily related to 33s. However I thought this might be a good thread to ask about 35s on a Sahara. I have done a lot or reading and am confused about whether a lift is needed, or if there will adverse results with 35s. Thanks in advance
I just put 315/70/17 ko2's on my sport with takeoff rubi 7.5" width wheels/suspension. It rubs on the front control arm pretty bad when getting close to full lock turning into parking spaces. Because the sport & sahara have equal width axles, and the stock wheels have 6.2" of backspacing, you'll need spacers or a wheel that is backspaced an inch or more than stock to clear. If you go the spacer route, the wheel studs stick out 1.5", so get 1.5" or larger spacers unless you dont mind grinding the studs down. Here it is without spacers and the last pic shows the front rub at close to full lock.
obRGOwg.jpg

z3lsgY0.jpg

bw0FnmJ.jpg

Jessicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
7275A13E-64F6-45FA-9D01-2E3AE59E2F73.jpeg
We have a JLU Sahara with 35’s and 24x11 wheels with a -44 offset, no lift, rides good with no rubbing, lost maybe 1 mpg, still has good power

Broclirob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler Sahara
Very helpful tread! Just put these wheels on yesturday. Nito ridge grappler 33/12.5 r20. Fuel coupler machined black 20×9 +1 offset. No rubbing

20181222_082857.jpg

20181222_083036.jpg

20181222_082755.jpg

Sponsored

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
How satisfied are you with the ride comfort noise and tire performance on these Falken Wild Peak AT3Ws?
I had them on a JKU and they were literally amazing. They were the best AT tire I've ever had. They were light as a feather compared to my previous 35's as well. Quiet, aggressive looking and great in rain and snow

maranom232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had them on a JKU and they were literally amazing. They were the best AT tire I've ever had. They were light as a feather compared to my previous 35's as well. Quiet, aggressive looking and great in rain and snow
Awesome, thanks for your perspective. Appreciate the feedback

Vedder

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited
285/75/18 which are 35 inches.. no rubbing on road or light Offroad but you need to use the oem wheels.

First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport S
Hey New JL Sport S owner here, I've read about 33 inch tires fitting with no lift, I dont want to put a lift on my new jeep but the wheels I want are Black Rhino Fury and they are 20" but they are 11.5" wide (20x11.5) I want to put these on 33 12.5 20 Toyo Open country tires. Would i need a lift for the Jeep becaue the wheels are 11.5 " wide and not 9" wide like most of the owners on this thread?