flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
You betcha! It was exactly what I was looking for from the start and by luck It was on a Toyota lot 10 miles away.
What??? That was on a lot?? I had to order mine and have not seen another one out in the wild ever. Nice find!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hotspots

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2-Door
Are you trying to get just wheels/tires or also rubi suspension?

I have rubi suspension + wheels and tires. Awesome setup for a 2 door, I just need a front locker:
IMG-20210405-WA0005.jpeg

IMG_20210808_095357023_HDR.jpg
Probably just the wheels and tires for now, although your flex looks pretty good! That suspension probably adds an extra inch to inch and a half, doesn't it? But realistically I don't think the suspension is entirely needed for my setup. I only plan on light offroading, no rock climbing or anything too crazy. Unless you know a good deal...😜

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
If you're happy with 33's, then by all means, get a set of Rubicon takeoffs and you're good to go. Here's my '18 base 2-door Sport with JLUR springs/shocks/wheels/tires. For the type of trails I go on, it's a great setup. The closest legal wheeling is 3 hours away so I won't do difficult trails (not that experienced yet offroading) and can't risk breaking something on my daily driver either.

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport S IMG_3313.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport S snowparkin

OP
OP

Hotspots

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2-Door
@The Fixer @flipboltz Where did you guys get your Rubi rims/tires take off's? I've done a lot of searching online and can really only seem to find people selling the rims.

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
@The Fixer @flipboltz Where did you guys get your Rubi rims/tires take off's? I've done a lot of searching online and can really only seem to find people selling the rims.
Check the member marketplace in this forum (Wheels / Tires / Brakes | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com) or just look around on Facebook marketplace. I got mine on FB, but lots and lots of folks sell their takeoffs here. Lots of stuff gets sold from OH.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If you can pickup some Rubicon takeoffs for cheap, they can be a great buy and the BFG K02 is ok for most firm, dry stuff. If you have to pay $1k or more, you might want to start thinking about paying a bit more and you'll have more choices on tires.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
@Hotspots I scored mine off Craigslist, about an hour away from me. The guy bought a JLUR and drove it from the dealership to a shop to have a Rockcrawler lift installed. The springs/shocks had under 200 miles on them.

OP
OP

Hotspots

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2-Door
@The Fixer @roaniecowpony @Jank4AU Awesome! Thank you!

One quick question regarding take off's or new wheels, I've noticed a lot of them do not include the TPMS. Can I use the one in the stock Sport S rims? Or are they unique in some way? Basically I'm asking if I am limited to a seller who still has a TPMS or is it okay to get a set without and use the Sport S ones?

Sponsored

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
If you're happy with 33's, then by all means, get a set of Rubicon takeoffs and you're good to go. Here's my '18 base 2-door Sport with JLUR springs/shocks/wheels/tires. For the type of trails I go on, it's a great setup. The closest legal wheeling is 3 hours away so I won't do difficult trails (not that experienced yet offroading) and can't risk breaking something on my daily driver either.

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport S 01AAC0DD-6568-42FE-9157-3765F761A6BC

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport S 01AAC0DD-6568-42FE-9157-3765F761A6BC
IMO this is the sweet spot for a daily driver that will see some moderate to moderate+ forays half a dozen to dozen times a year,but spends most of its time on pavement in reality. Not too big to be taxing on the pavement,and not too small to struggle overcoming some obstacles. It's still a very capable wheeling rig. You can still do a LOT with 33s.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Two ways to look at larger tires … can you do everything you want to now and am I ok with changing the handling somewhat with larger tires (although, it may not be too much with that move)?

If you are looking to get more into off-roading, is the simple tire change enough, or will you then consider lifting? You may be starting down a slippery, fun and expensive slope!

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
@The Fixer @roaniecowpony @Jank4AU Awesome! Thank you!

One quick question regarding take off's or new wheels, I've noticed a lot of them do not include the TPMS. Can I use the one in the stock Sport S rims? Or are they unique in some way? Basically I'm asking if I am limited to a seller who still has a TPMS or is it okay to get a set without and use the Sport S ones?
You can certainly take the ones you have now out and use those. Now one thing I've recently heard is that the newest Jeeps coming out of Toledo may have an even newer sensor. I'm not 100% sure those works with EVERY JL or just the most recent ones. So be cognizant of that if you get totally new takeoffs and I'll see if I can find anything on that, too.

I messed up and didn't realize the TPMS sensors included in the wheels I picked up wouldn't work. Mid-way through the JK cycle they switched MHz and the altitude wheels I got were the first, or early year version, and incompatible. Totally my fault.

UPDATE: @Hotspots They did indeed update the TPMS sensors mid-year during the 21's.
(2) New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models? | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I had 33"s on 17x9 -12mm offset and had no issues. the shop that installed them trimmed the Euro shields under the front bumper to prevent rubbing. My profile picture is with the 33s.

Sometimes I wish I had stayed on that setup as it was so easy to drive...now 35s and 2.5" lift = a bit more challenge on the highway.