Sponsored

33's on a Sport S

3Pedalsand4Wheeldrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door 6sp
Vehicle Showcase
What??? That was on a lot?? I had to order mine and have not seen another one out in the wild ever. Nice find!
Yeah it was incredible. It felt like a steal too especially since it was only a year old at the time.
Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Mine is a Wrangler Sport Altitude so it came with 255/70R18 (32.1") not quite 33s but close. My plan is to do the Mopar Lift and get some Method 17" rims and some 35" tires eventually.
Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport S 07042021 small

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
@The Fixer @roaniecowpony @Jank4AU Awesome! Thank you!

One quick question regarding take off's or new wheels, I've noticed a lot of them do not include the TPMS. Can I use the one in the stock Sport S rims? Or are they unique in some way? Basically I'm asking if I am limited to a seller who still has a TPMS or is it okay to get a set without and use the Sport S ones?
Absolutely. Keep your TPMS sensors and put them in the Rubicon takeoffs. Don't forget to get new stems (the rubber stems should be changed once they are used in a wheel, because they can be damaged removing them.) Buy TPMS parts here Mopar 68058766AA TPMS Rubber Snap In Valve Stem for $1.99

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Having new TPMS sensors put in will be about the same cost as using your old ones. The cost in using the old ones is in the labor to remove them and then re-install them. Plus, you old wheels and tires will be worth more to the person who buys them. The market for the stock wheels with 245s on them is small. Although they are a good upgrade for an old JK that needs to be traded or sold.

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I put 33's on my stock JLUS two weeks after I purchased the vehicle. I later added a spacer lift, then in July, I went full send with a Mopar 2" lift. I never had any issues with rubbing before the suspension changes.

Grapplers on Black Rims.jpg

DS Lifted.jpg

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
2018 Wranger JL Sport S with Rubi Take Offs. No issues at all.
Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport S DS Lifted
Looks great! I have a 2-door Sport, and was thinking about a similar configuration with 17" rims and 33" tires, but wasn't sure if the spare would fit into the contour of the rear bumper. I can't tell from your photo, but is there sufficient clearance?

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Looks great! I have a 2-door Sport, and was thinking about a similar configuration with 17" rims and 33" tires, but wasn't sure if the spare would fit into the contour of the rear bumper. I can't tell from your photo, but is there sufficient clearance?
33's fit the carrier/bumper fine. The radius is only something like .75" larger than the the stock tire radius.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
One quick question regarding take off's or new wheels, I've noticed a lot of them do not include the TPMS. Can I use the one in the stock Sport S rims? Or are they unique in some way? Basically I'm asking if I am limited to a seller who still has a TPMS or is it okay to get a set without and use the Sport S ones?
I know it's been mentioned already, but if you find takeoffs from a 2021 they may not have the correct TPMS and so you'd need to reuse the originals from your Sport S wheels.

I lucked out and found a set off a 2020 JLU with the white letter BFG's (which is what I really wanted), complete with the TPMS. I mounted them on my Jeep, and it picked them all up. It's been over a year and 7K miles since install and all is good (knock on wood :LOL: ).

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
IMO this is the sweet spot for a daily driver that will see some moderate to moderate+ forays half a dozen to dozen times a year,but spends most of its time on pavement in reality. Not too big to be taxing on the pavement,and not too small to struggle overcoming some obstacles. It's still a very capable wheeling rig. You can still do a LOT with 33s.
I agree! If I was closer to Rausch Creek and other spots, I'm sure I'd go more often. Realistically, I probably will go 2-3 times a year because it's a loooong day of driving (12 hours all in), and it's really far if something gets broken. For now, the 33's fit the bill perfectly.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I bought Rubi takeoff tires, springs and shocks from a member here. I've also seen them on craigslist but prices aren't as good.
I put the tires on my stock silver painted wheels, keeping my TPMS, and drove it that way for awhile with no problems. Then I bought a set of Mopar LCA and put the suspension on. I got 1.5" lift in front and 2" lift in back, ,and the caster is still good so the freeway handling is just as good as before. I've flexed the suspension completely and no problems with rubbing. I think this is the sweet spot for a Sport if you are doing a lot of highway driving without regearing, plus if you can find Rubicon takeoffs it will save you a lot of money. I've done some pretty good trails with my setup, I can't ask for more.
For driving around town and not so much freeway driving, and not so radical offroad, 35s on the stock Sport are probably OK. If you want to do lots of offroad and you're going to buy new wheels anyway why not go for 37s.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport S 9EB7A912-16B1-45D1-8131-9ED7752A02E1

Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a Sport S 242BB940-9BA6-470D-9143-E695D4267AB8
285/70 on stock rims, 1.5” spacer lift, no rub at full stuff with swaybar disconnected. Spare fits but not by much! Also had to trim the rubber bumpers on the tailgate. If I had to do it over again, I’d probably go to 285/75s

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have some brand new BFG K02 33s I need to list. What should I sell them for? I was thinking $600?

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I have some brand new BFG K02 33s I need to list. What should I sell them for? I was thinking $600?
That's a good price.. Depending on demand in your area and how quickly you want to sell them you could list them for a little higher and see what response you get.
Sponsored