Sponsored

33's on a 2-Door Sport-S With The Least Amount Of Work (Stock Wheels?)

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I am picking up a new 2022 JL 2-door Sport-S next week.

Using mostly as a daily driver, but I hate the stock wheels and tires, and I want to put on 33's.

Which 33's would you recommend a newb jeeper get if he was going to stick with the stock wheels, and was going only for the look?
Sponsored

Robo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door JL Sport
The most economical route is to grab some rubicon takeoff wheels / tires. That's what I did. The going rate is right around $1k for 5 wheels with new or very low mileage KO2s. You can't buy 5 new KO2s in that size for that price, so even if you don't like the wheels it might be worth buying, keeping the tires and selling the wheels. You'll net out way ahead.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
The most economical route is to grab some rubicon takeoff wheels / tires. That's what I did. The going rate is right around $1k for 5 wheels with new or very low mileage KO2s. You can't buy 5 new KO2s in that size for that price, so even if you don't like the wheels it might be worth buying, keeping the tires and selling the wheels. You'll net out way ahead.
Got it, so you can grab the rubicon wheels AND tires for about $1k?

It looks like new BFG KO2s + decent wheels is about $2k.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
I am thinking my next set will be Toyo 255/80r17 R/T or BFG 255/80r17 KM2. I like my 255/75 KM2s but might want to back down to R/Ts from the M/Ts although the KM2s are better than I expected on the road. I like the performance of tall skinny tires but that is personal preference and what you are using them for.

Robo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door JL Sport
Got it, so you can grab the rubicon wheels AND tires for about $1k?

It looks like new BFG KO2s + decent wheels is about $2k.
Yeah, I got a set with about 5k miles for $900 last fall. Check the Member Marketplace on this forum. There’s a wheels / tires section and you can browse all the old listings and see what the asking price was. You can also post a WTB notice.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Rubicon takeoffs, or otherwise something 285/70/17. 33ish in height, but narrower - it's roughly a 33x11.

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Same situation - 2 door Sport S, wanted to switch out the stock wheels/tires simply for esthetics. Found a set of Rubicon takeoffs on the forum ($1000), and it made a huge difference.

-Matt
Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a 2-Door Sport-S With The Least Amount Of Work (Stock Wheels?) 20220613_182233
Jeep Wrangler JL 33's on a 2-Door Sport-S With The Least Amount Of Work (Stock Wheels?) 20220613_182233
You also swapped out the wheel here, correct?

When people say "rubicon takeoffs", do they usually mean the wheels, the tires AND the spare?

Does the year matter at all, or will any JL work?

drop360

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee
When I was searching, it was usually 5 if coming from a Wrangler, but only 4 if coming from a Gladiator. Sometimes just wheels, sometimes just tires, sometimes both.

I know the TPMS is different in the newest models (some 2021 and all 2022 I believe), but the stock wheels from any JL should fit your 2022 sport s.

But I'm also a Jeep newb. So, I could be wrong. :LOL:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
You also swapped out the wheel here, correct?

When people say "rubicon takeoffs", do they usually mean the wheels, the tires AND the spare?

Does the year matter at all, or will any JL work?
Any year JL will work with yours. Absolutely the best value and I was going to chime in but enough have already suggested it. Go get you some Rubicon take-offs!

(TPMS did change, but you can move yours over if needed. Discount tire was great help for me.)

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Any year JL will work with yours. Absolutely the best value and I was going to chime in but enough have already suggested it. Go get you some Rubicon take-offs!

(TPMS did change, but you can move yours over if needed. Discount tire was great help for me.)
Super helpful, thank you!

Does swapping out for Rubi takeoffs void any warrantys?
Sponsored