Sponsored

33s look too small on Rubicon...?

greenegger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Day 5 into ownership of my JLUR and I can't stop thinking that it is crying out for 35s - am I crazy, or do the 33s just look "small" under the raised fender flares?

I think 35s no lift, or 37s with a lift is the way to go. 35s with a lift would proportionally look similar to 33s no lift - right??!! Think my intro into off-roading will be gradual, so aren't concerned about 35s no lift as it can still flex the full way, correct?
Sponsored

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I'm fine with 33s for now. Was originally going to go 35s w/o lift, but tire stuffing on stock wheels might be a problem... I eventually want to hit Rausch Creek before moding.

OP
OP

greenegger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
I was really going to buy 35s before my JL came but after driving it and looking at it the 33s look great and I'm content for now
agreed, the ride is great. I'm just thinking that now might be the time to shift the 33s as they only have a few hundred miles on them and wouldnt be out of pocket that much if I switch to the same tire but in 35s...

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Bro the reality is it’s always nice to have capability but 33’s offer a lot as far as gas mileage better highway ride , balance out better etc.. 35’s are the entry way into another class where trim characteristics start to become a factor. Brakes, handling, stability at speed etc start to inch third way into the equation. And as you go up from there more so... this is less of a prob with your 4.10’s 8speed and bigger calipers and pads on the new JL. I like the capabilities of my jk with lift and tires but driving home after work on a long day I do find myself wanting more comfort and not having to be so involved in vehicle input... like say the way a Mercedes drives, smooth calm and isolated from the road in luxury.

Sponsored

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Day 5 into ownership of my JLUR and I can't stop thinking that it is crying out for 35s - am I crazy, or do the 33s just look "small" under the raised fender flares?

I think 35s no lift, or 37s with a lift is the way to go. 35s with a lift would proportionally look similar to 33s no lift - right??!! Think my intro into off-roading will be gradual, so aren't concerned about 35s no lift as it can still flex the full way, correct?
Been there done that, several times. Just drive it as is for a couple thousand miles even. If you're not satisfied then try the 35's, although I think 35's look better with a small lift. Good luck.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
If you want 35's do it. You wont notice a difference with the JLUR. Its not like the JK.

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
agreed, the ride is great. I'm just thinking that now might be the time to shift the 33s as they only have a few hundred miles on them and wouldnt be out of pocket that much if I switch to the same tire but in 35s...
Question, will 35's make it ride different. Not as smooth... due to tire increase?