Sponsored

315 KO2's with and without lift - any rubbing?

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
i'm with headbarcode. I have a 2018 JLUR with the same tires: 315-70-17 KO2s. I had them on before a lift and had zero issues rubbing on the street with full turns. I have since added a 2" spacer lift and also have no issues and had none other than maybe a little minor rubbing on the inner fender as barcode said. To fix that, you can take a heatgun to the inner fender and push it in and out of reach of the tires.
All this being said, I had wandering issues from the get-go. Did all the recommended potential fixes and nothing really worked. Got a new steering gear box installed (but same part number) and it helped for a while. I then put on the 2" spacer lift. Then, it seemed to slow start getting worse. I then put on some adjustable LCAs and that helped quite a bit but it's still pretty bad. And, once I had the lift on there, the dealer wouldn't diagnose the steering/wandering issue any longer. So, I'm actually removing the lift this weekend and have an appt with the dealer to look at it again. I'll be pushing for the updated steering gear box and updated trackbar and hope it helps. After, i also planning on putting the dynatrac 2" kit on with adjustable LCAs.

You'll have no problems with your stock wheels and the KO2s. Go for it!
Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
You may have them mounted in a dot method but they are not a faux beadlock wheel. They are a true functioning beadlock wheel when mounted in that fashion. A faux wheel would be one of the million wheels out there with a fake ring and non functioning hardware.
Well your splitting hairs. At the moment they are faux beadlocks. The ring that's on it now can only be mounted in the fashion it is. To make it a true beadlock it would take a different ring, hardware and mounting, so to me it's faux (Fake) at the moment.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well your splitting hairs. At the moment they are faux beadlocks. The ring that's on it now can only be mounted in the fashion it is. To make it a true beadlock it would take a different ring, hardware and mounting, so to me it's faux (Fake) at the moment.
Either way, nice wheels, I have the same ones but mine are real LOL

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Either way, nice wheels, I have the same ones but mine are real LOL
Lol. I just wasn't sure of or if any hassles that may go along with the real deal. I may take a harder look at it when I move up to 37's. Thanks

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Lol. I just wasn't sure of or if any hassles that may go along with the real deal. I may take a harder look at it when I move up to 37's. Thanks
Not really much of a hassle if you keep up with them. I’m actually going back to the beauty/protection ring tomorrow after my lift install.

Sponsored

OP
OP

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@Headbarcode, thank you for that. That is incredibly helpful.

[Banned Site] (are we allowed to mention them here?) mentioned that on a heavy JLUR, the Endurosport doesnt stretch the geometry enough to warrant new lca/trackbars/etc. My current plan was to do the lift, and if anything was out of spec, do it as the next step (rather than all in one go). Let me know how yours go, will subscribe.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@Headbarcode, thank you for that. That is incredibly helpful.

[Banned Site] (are we allowed to mention them here?) mentioned that on a heavy JLUR, the Endurosport doesnt stretch the geometry enough to warrant new lca/trackbars/etc. My current plan was to do the lift, and if anything was out of spec, do it as the next step (rather than all in one go). Let me know how yours go, will subscribe.
I fully agree that a 2" lift isn't going to throw geometry off enough to fall out of spec. Assuming that particular vehicle, when stock, was well within said specs. Most wouldn't notice if something was off by .25" - .5", as long as everything was working properly.

I, on the other hand, am a bit ocd and any visually noticeable difference would bother me more than the added dent in my wallet from adding the extras.

The bigger reason why I chose to go the distance with all the extras, is for the added strength in the rest of the suspension and steering systems to combat the increased forces that come with the taller, wider, and heavier tires. I'm currently running 315 ko2's, but after seeing that they have hardly affected overall driveability, I'll probably end up going 37 x 12.5 after some wear. That'll just further increase those forces working against the suspension and steering.

I'm shooting for longevity and a bit of overkill can only help with that.

PS: Just waiting for rear upper control arms, front track bar, tie rod, and steering stabilizer to come in, than its off to the races.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Hi y'all,

Apologize if this isn't the right section. Just got a new 2020 JLUR and am planning on going to 315/70r17 KO2's and doing a lift and had a fewquestions.

1. Does 315/70r17 KO2's fit on the stock rims, no lift, with no rubbing on road, even at full lock? If I adjust the bumpstops properly, would there be rubbing offroad at full flex? For 0% rubbing, do I need wheel spacers?
2. I'm looking at the Dynatrac 2" lift (this will be a 90% onroad rig, so ride quality and LCOG is important). With the 2" lift, will anything rub without getting wheel spacers? I know some lift kits I've seen say they require aftermarket wheels with better backspace.
3. The driving is tight up until ~60mph, and then starts to get a bit squirrelly, especially in high winds (but not any moreso than my old JK). Would any of this resolve that, or do I need a new steering stabilizer?

Basically, my current plan would be steering stabilizer (if needed) -> 315 KO2's on stock rims, but only if theres 0 onroad rubbing -> 2" Dynatrac lift. Is that doable?

Thanks!
I put 315 70 17 Dura Trac's on my JLUR stock wheels (34.4" 61 lbs air @ 32) without a lift and like the look. However, I wouldn't do it again as it doesn't help acceleration, braking, handling, mpg or getting in. So, depends on what you want the Jeep for. Hemi, trans, case, axles, suspension, 40's and all the rest gets expensive. You could probably build a buggy for less. Strict one design racing is about skill not coin.
Good luck, have fun, enjoy your new Jeep, rubber side down.

Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hi y'all,

Apologize if this isn't the right section. Just got a new 2020 JLUR and am planning on going to 315/70r17 KO2's and doing a lift and had a fewquestions.

1. Does 315/70r17 KO2's fit on the stock rims, no lift, with no rubbing on road, even at full lock? If I adjust the bumpstops properly, would there be rubbing offroad at full flex? For 0% rubbing, do I need wheel spacers?
Basically, my current plan would be steering stabilizer (if needed) -> 315 KO2's on stock rims, but only if theres 0 onroad rubbing -> 2" Dynatrac lift. Is that doable?

Thanks!
Bone stock 2019 JLUR = Stock rims, no lift, no spacers (for the wheels), no bump stop extensions, stock steering dumper... Stock.
A few weeks ago put on a set of Milestar Patagonia M/T Mud-Terrain Radial Tire - LT315/70R17 121Q.
No rubbing at all - full turn/lock (left and right) and full articulation/flex (front and rear, up and down).
Yes - I would say you can get the 35", on stock rims without wheel spacers with no rubbing.

A note about the steering dumper(s).
I
had the original one, then warranty replaced to a Fox, by the dealer, and now replaced again (they took off the Fox...) to a Jeep/Mopar one with the V41 recall - same drive ability/wandering = I don't think that the steering dumper is the problem (NOR the solution) o the wandering :-(

OP
OP

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Bone stock 2019 JLUR = Stock rims, no lift, no spacers (for the wheels), no bump stop extensions, stock steering dumper... Stock.
A few weeks ago put on a set of Milestar Patagonia M/T Mud-Terrain Radial Tire - LT315/70R17 121Q.
No rubbing at all - full turn/lock (left and right) and full articulation/flex (front and rear, up and down).
Yes - I would say you can get the 35", on stock rims without wheel spacers with no rubbing.

A note about the steering dumper(s).
I
had the original one, then warranty replaced to a Fox, by the dealer, and now replaced again (they took off the Fox...) to a Jeep/Mopar one with the V41 recall - same drive ability/wandering = I don't think that the steering dumper is the problem (NOR the solution) o the wandering :-(
Very concise and helpful, thank you. I will plan on just going to 315's on the OEM wheels. I have a Falcon stabilizer on order and will see if that helps (it's really only in high-wind, high-speed situations, and not noticeably worse than my lifted JK on 35's, but I was expecting better stock...).
Sponsored