315 Duratrac & AEV Wheels

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello all, I currently have a JKR with AEV 2.5” lift and 315 Duratracs on 17 x 9 wheels. With 10,000 miles on the Duratracs they measure 33.5” at 30 PSI. Brand new they weren’t much taller. My wife is “vertically challenged” and some knee arthritis, so even with a rock slider step and grab bar she has a tough time on occasion.

This is my second Jeep since 2013 with Duratracs and they do really well with the snow we get, and work well for our off roading so plan to stick with those.

Looking to order a JLUR. Will do Mopar steel bumper & winch. After research and taking a tape measure to the local dealer, seems the stock JLUR 285’s are 32.6” to 32.8” (not sure what PSI in those). I researched this forum and several others but I can’t find the answer to this question. Will stock height (or maybe 1/2” rear spacer and 1” front spacer) let me run the 315 Duratracs on the JL specific AEV Pintler or a similar wheel? I’m guessing that those that have run AEV JL Borah’s could chime in on this given similar size and backspace. I’m wanting to keep the tires somewhat tucked in, so looking at backspace similar to AEV JL wheels. I’m trying to not do much of a lift for the sake of marital harmony.

Mainly do mild to moderate off road, no rock crawling.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I am running 315/70R17 Patagonias on stock suspension and haven't had any issues. The winch and skid dropped the front 1/2" to 3/4" but it's hardly noticeable.

I'm running with the Method wheels which have a 0 offset and they do stick out a bit much, but AEV wouldn't release the Spent Brass Saltas... bla

I may have jumped the gun on that. Look forward to other's responses here, but I think you will be just fine with your plans.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
@LBK454 you should be fine for light trail running with that set up. By the way, the stock 285/70 KO2’s measured right at 32.0” on the Jeep at proper inflation (37psi). Good luck, and welcome to the JL community.
Sponsored