Sponsored

3 Offroad shops have stirred me away from Metalcloak to Teraflex suspension due to much better warranty service

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
This chaps my a$$, when I was looking for a lift kit and asked questions regarding kits/shocks not one of you MFR'S brought this up, NOT ONE PERSON and now all I hear is pure hate for TeraFlex and it is CHEAP CHINESE CRAP. I was curious and it turns out my Methods are CHEAP CHINESE CRAP, according to all of you my entire jeep is CHEAP CHINESE CRAP. God knows I can't wait fort my CHEAP CHINESE CRAP steering box to get here so I can finally stay in my F'ing lane......
I and many others have posted several times of amazing experiences with MetalCloak. Sorry you missed them.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
This chaps my a$$, when I was looking for a lift kit and asked questions regarding kits/shocks not one of you MFR'S brought this up, NOT ONE PERSON and now all I hear is pure hate for TeraFlex and it is CHEAP CHINESE CRAP. I was curious and it turns out my Methods are CHEAP CHINESE CRAP, according to all of you my entire jeep is CHEAP CHINESE CRAP. God knows I can't wait fort my CHEAP CHINESE CRAP steering box to get here so I can finally stay in my F'ing lane......
You may want to drink less coffee.

I've heard plenty of good things about Teraflex and you will get opinions that vary far and wide. What really matters should be your own.

OP
OP

fjavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2020 JLUR 3.6 auto, 335 bmw
I appreciate everybody's response! Although I am sure there will always be some unhappy customers, overall the message is clear in this forum and that is Metalcloak has great products and they stand behind their product when it comes to customer service. Although I do believe Teraflex must create good products based on the reviews I see on the different e-commerce sites (ex: Northridge4x4, Quadratec, etc), I think I will go with my initial inclination of buying the Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I appreciate everybody's response! Although I am sure there will always be some unhappy customers, overall the message is clear in this forum and that is Metalcloak has great products and they stand behind their product when it comes to customer service. Although I do believe Teraflex must create good products based on the reviews I see on the different e-commerce sites (ex: Northridge4x4, Quadratec, etc), I think I will go with my initial inclination of buying the Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger.
You will be thrilled

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Contrary to the Metalcloak fanboi’s, Teraflex is a great lift and the 3.3’s (non-SP2) are great shocks.

The best type of customer service is the type you don’t have to use. While I’ve seen several people with issues with the 6pak shocks... none with the Falcons. So it’s great that they replace them, better if they don’t have issues in the first place.

Teraflex has a lot of advantages including not needing to have joints be service items like others.

I am as hard on a rig as one can be, and the Teraflex stuff has all been top notch.

I do not know whose the people complaining about the shocks being too stiff are, because I’ve driven them in a lot of rigs and since they’re adjustable they’re never too stiff.

Ive seen 6paks blow out on the trail and that’s not something that works for me.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Contrary to the Metalcloak fanboi’s, Teraflex is a great lift and the 3.3’s (non-SP2) are great shocks.

The best type of customer service is the type you don’t have to use. While I’ve seen several people with issues with the 6pak shocks... none with the Falcons. So it’s great that they replace them, better if they don’t have issues in the first place.

Teraflex has a lot of advantages including not needing to have joints be service items like others.

I am as hard on a rig as one can be, and the Teraflex stuff has all been top notch.

I do not know whose the people complaining about the shocks being too stiff are, because I’ve driven them in a lot of rigs and since they’re adjustable they’re never too stiff.

Ive seen 6paks blow out on the trail and that’s not something that works for me.
I'm a MetalCloak fanboy and will likely get the Falcons myself based on reviews from John who also runs a MetalCloak lift but chose the adjustable Falcons for shocks.

Teraflex is a great company and I don't think this was a thread against them so much as a vote of confidence for MetalCloak. It was the OP's shop was trying to turn them away from them was it not?

I, for one, am glad we have both options. Enjoy your build and let your inner ego glow in it's choice. Either way is a win.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have planned on a MetalCloak kit and anticipate being satisfied with the Rocksport shocks, but the mention of the Falcon 3.3's made me curious, so I went to look at the specs. After reading all the info on the Warngler JL pages at the Falcon website I am left with a question; what are the length and travel specs for the JL 4dr: Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shock Kit (2-4.5” Lift) shock?

Thank you.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I had a warranty issue with Metalcloak, and they hooked me up. I also had an issue with teraflex falcon shocks and they also hooked me up. I will say though, I moved away from falcon shocks to another brand and they ride so much better. Even the SP2 3.3 on soft springs are a little rough. Both experiences with both companies were stellar.

Last edited:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I have planned on a MetalCloak kit and anticipate being satisfied with the Rocksport shocks, but the mention of the Falcon 3.3's made me curious, so I went to look at the specs. After reading all the info on the Warngler JL pages at the Falcon website I am left with a question; what are the length and travel specs for the JL 4dr: Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shock Kit (2-4.5” Lift) shock?

Thank you.
If you want a premium shock and the 6 pak isn’t something you’d like check out custom valved shocks from accutune or something ADS or fox 2.5 race ready. The 3.3 do not pair well with the MC coils.

Brett

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for the info and the suggestions.

I don't think I will be capable of appreciating a premium shock, I drive so slow that the shocks on my Jeep seem to have plenty of time to do what they are supposed to do.

I admire the ingenuity of the design of the 6 pack shocks, and appreciate how they allow maximum travel under a minimum lift, for but will probably settle for the Rocksports.

Just for the sake of curiosity are there any length and travel specs available for the JL 4dr: Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shock Kit (2-4.5” Lift) shocks?

Thank you.

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I've got a lot of MC stuff and they have already treated me right.

What I can tell you is due to COVID a lot of the California based manufactures have been hit pretty hard due to the shelter in place orders. Both MC and Synergy are based in that area. This is also to do with shipping being slow due to Fedex and UPS also not running at 100%. California is usually 2 to 3 days to the east coast but lately 5 to 8 for the same carriers and service level.

So it's possible that over the past few months dealing with these suppliers has "slowed down" leading to some of the negativity. But this is circumstance of the situation and not deliberate.

Also any dealer who recommends TF over MC will never touch my Jeep as they are in it for only the profit, and not for customer happiness.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Every Teraflex product I have clearly states Made In USA. I also called Teraflex to verify and again was told: Made in USA. The Teraflex products I have installed are all 8 IR control arms and the rear track bar relocation bracket, extremely happy with them and would buy again if starting over. Also love my Steer Smarts gear. (Front track bar, drag link & Rubi-length tie rod)
They lie. They will claim "us designed" or "assembled in the US from foreign sourced suppliers" and other such vague words. But all the stuff comes from China. This is their gimmick and not shocked they lied to you.

See this:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraf...k-1753418.html

and this:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/mammo...-bar-0717.html

and this:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/rough...t-jk-1179.html

IT IS THE SAME PART!! It seems they come from the same Chinese factory.

Teraflex is owned by 4 Wheel Parts, who is owned by TransAmerican, who is owned by Polaris, who is owned by Textron.

Last edited:

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
running stuff from both outfits on two different rigs and have been taken care of very well by both outfits. just my .02 on customer service, imho they both rock.
Sponsored