3 inch lift opinions

weaver611

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Hey all, new here and I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere on her in some fashion but I’m looking for opinions on the best lift/wheel/ tire combination to put on my wife’s rubicon. This Jeep will most likely never see anything other than pavement, so im only concerned with the ride, handling, look, etc.
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
I suggest you pick a lift depending on how light or heavy your Jeep build will be ( heavy front and rear bumpers, side steps, skids).
I would also go with the lightest wheel and tire setup for the size you choose, and get Load C tires.
I recently switched over from the AEV Dualsport 2.5 lift to the Accutune 3/1.5 lift with custom tuned Fox shocks (Adventure tune) and couldn’t be happier.
This is my first Jeep and when I was shopping for my first lift I didn’t know that some lifts are meant for heavy builds (ie. overlanding, heavy front rear bumpers, skids, etc.) I decided on the AEV lift due to members reviews on how well the AEV lift handles on the street. Problem is my Jeep is very light without a lot of load, and the rear AEV springs were very stiff 99% of the time. When I did load the Jeep down with my family and luggage, it drove really nice and the rear soaked up the bumps and imperfections really well.
After a-lot of research I decided on the Accutune 3/1.5 inch lift with their custom tuned Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. I installed the springs and shocks this weekend and it is a night and day difference when hitting road imperfections and large bumps. The rear of my Jeep no longer “bucks” or jumps.

Lastly, I have upgraded front track bars, drag link, control arms and I kept the AEV drop brackets on my Accutune lift.

OP
OP

weaver611

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I suggest you pick a lift depending on how light or heavy your Jeep build will be ( heavy front and rear bumpers, side steps, skids).
I would also go with the lightest wheel and tire setup for the size you choose, and get Load C tires.
I recently switched over from the AEV Dualsport 2.5 lift to the Accutune 3/1.5 lift with custom tuned Fox shocks (Adventure tune) and couldn’t be happier.
This is my first Jeep and when I was shopping for my first lift I didn’t know that some lifts are meant for heavy builds (ie. overlanding, heavy front rear bumpers, skids, etc.) I decided on the AEV lift due to members reviews on how well the AEV lift handles on the street. Problem is my Jeep is very light without a lot of load, and the rear AEV springs were very stiff 99% of the time. When I did load the Jeep down with my family and luggage, it drove really nice and the rear soaked up the bumps and imperfections really well.
After a-lot of research I decided on the Accutune 3/1.5 inch lift with their custom tuned Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. I installed the springs and shocks this weekend and it is a night and day difference when hitting road imperfections and large bumps. The rear of my Jeep no longer “bucks” or jumps.

Lastly, I have upgraded front track bars, drag link, control arms and I kept the AEV drop brackets on my Accutune lift.
Thanks Hucke! This is exactly what I'm looking for and helpful info. The jeep will stay mostly stock in the front and rear and I've only replaced the rock rails with HDX side steps. Outside of passengers and normal cargo, the lift, wheels, and tires will most likely be the only mods. If you have time to send a couple pics of yours that would be great but no worries if you don't feel like it.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Thanks Hucke! This is exactly what I'm looking for and helpful info. The jeep will stay mostly stock in the front and rear and I've only replaced the rock rails with HDX side steps. Outside of passengers and normal cargo, the lift, wheels, and tires will most likely be the only mods. If you have time to send a couple pics of yours that would be great but no worries if you don't feel like it.
Absolutely. I’ll take some measurements for you too.
I forgot to mention that the Accutune lift is designed to be level (no rear rake).
Here is a link to a member reviewing his Accutune lift on a Rubicon with 35inch tires with pics.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/accutune-off-road-2-5-stage-4-review.22299/

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hey all, new here and I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere on her in some fashion but I’m looking for opinions on the best lift/wheel/ tire combination to put on my wife’s rubicon. This Jeep will most likely never see anything other than pavement, so im only concerned with the ride, handling, look, etc.
Welcome to the forum.

As a nice intro, Brad over at TrailRecon on Youtube did an awesome series comparing lift kits on the JLUR. Like ten kits, showed install, measurements, and did on and off road testing. Definitely worth a watch.

OP
OP

weaver611

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Welcome to the forum.

As a nice intro, Brad over at TrailRecon on Youtube did an awesome series comparing lift kits on the JLUR. Like ten kits, showed install, measurements, and did on and off road testing. Definitely worth a watch.
I appreciate this and will certainly go check that video out!
Sponsored