3 forward facing child-seats in a JLU?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
7834E0AD-9B1B-4BA9-96A3-A569A3E5353A.jpeg

same,

we drove from new orleans to Chattanooga and back in the same configuration.
Have 3 in carseats and I go 3 wide in the jeep if driving around town. However, it's not practical on trips....bought a minivan for the wife and enjoy it on trips with the fam. A ton more comfortable with alot more space and easier on everybody.
Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Have 3 in carseats and I go 3 wide in the jeep if driving around town. However, it's not practical on trips....bought a minivan for the wife and enjoy it on trips with the fam. A ton more comfortable with alot more space and easier on everybody.
oh yeah, dont get it twisted, halfway home the wife looked me dead in the face and made it crystal clear this was the last trip in the jeep with all of us. the kids were great considering the were touching each other for the better part of 20 hours.

the minivan is much better for the kids, but i hate driving it, i just dont fit.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What's your roof rack?!? I love it.
its the evo kit.

its not for the roof top tent, but for light loads, its perfect, i love that it doesnt cover the freedom tops. it holds a TON of stuff. i really didnt need the rack in the back. but it helped to spread it out.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
oh yeah, dont get it twisted, halfway home the wife looked me dead in the face and made it crystal clear this was the last trip in the jeep with all of us. the kids were great considering the were touching each other for the better part of 20 hours.

the minivan is much better for the kids, but i hate driving it, i just dont fit.
Ha...comical that you pulled off a 20 hr trip with 3 in carsests. Most dads seem to not fit minivans initially...I tried to avoid it for years. However, at some point I embraced the practicality and value knowing everybody is comfortable and enjoying the trip. Going on a roadtrip with a family of 5+ folks, minivans are like a resort on wheels.:like::CWL:

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)

Sponsored

Deleted member 29342

OP, the rear doors are removeable. Problem solved!

We got a suburban for a similar fitment issue. Stupid suburban doesnt have seat anchors behind the drivers seat. STUPID design! The newest ones probably have them. Talk about big fail on one of the ultimate family suvs!
I been thinking about taking my doors off but don’t know how people will react when they see a car seat in the back.

Deleted member 29342

I had 10 car seats in my jlur one time. :giggle::giggle: Just kidding I only have 1 kid.

E725A521-D0AE-49D5-ADD8-7BC0E5FED183.jpeg

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
We have 3 kids, but they are older now. Only 1 is in booster seat still. We go out in the Jeep all the time as it's more fun, but we also have a Honda Odyssey that is used for longer trips. It simply can't be beat for kid duty. I've had a Tundra and rented an F-150 and they both suck in comparison. One thing I found in the Jeep that lacks is storage. There simply isn't anywhere to put anything in the Jeep haha.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I give you props for trying. We roll our minivan for trips. It's old, paid off, our 3rd vehicle and chasing down 200k but it's a Toyota, no one touches anyone else and it's a good comfy road warrior.

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I been thinking about taking my doors off but don’t know how people will react when they see a car seat in the back.
it definitely gets some looks...

i did just get the ACE trail doors, so that should help with some of the appearance

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
For sure, and we love our big minivan for that reason. BUT there are some trips that are ~5 hours or fewer where having the Jeep would be awesome. Beach, camping, etc.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
This is why we waited to buy a Jeep. We had a Tahoe LTZ with second row captain chairs and the third row. Now the kids no longer need cars seats......we traded the LTZ for our JL Rubicon. Note we only have 2 kids, but we road trip often.

Having kids is about priorities........being an adult sucks, but the comfort and safety of kids should not be sacrificed to look cool.

Deleted member 29342

This is why we waited to buy a Jeep. We had a Tahoe LTZ with second row captain chairs and the third row. Now the kids no longer need cars seats......we traded the LTZ for our JL Rubicon. Note we only have 2 kids, but we road trip often.

Having kids is about priorities........being an adult sucks, but the comfort and safety of kids should not be sacrificed to look cool.
Well said.
Sponsored