3 bad cams/lifters in 11k m?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Third times a charm with Ohio Lemon laws. I would much rather have Jeep make this right without the hassle of the law, and I hope they’d rather swap in a new engine over being forced to buy the jeep back from me.

An update: the dealer told me to pick up the jeep and drive it normally (and noisily) for a few weeks while they wait for the cam shafts, rockers, and lifters to arrive. A jeep care rep told me today to return it to the shop ASAP and rent a car to prevent causing potential further damage, and that once this is resolved my rental costs would be reimbursed by jeep. I’m cautious to take that leap of faith without an arrangement in writing, tho
Don’t drive it, the dealership needs to provide a car.

If I were you, I would call multiple other dealerships and ask them to replace the engine.
Sponsored

demarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubicon 2008 Liberty 88 E-150
Third times a charm with Ohio Lemon laws. I would much rather have Jeep make this right without the hassle of the law, and I hope they’d rather swap in a new engine over being forced to buy the jeep back from me.

An update: the dealer told me to pick up the jeep and drive it normally (and noisily) for a few weeks while they wait for the cam shafts, rockers, and lifters to arrive. A jeep care rep told me today to return it to the shop ASAP and rent a car to prevent causing potential further damage, and that once this is resolved my rental costs would be reimbursed by jeep. I’m cautious to take that leap of faith without an arrangement in writing, tho
They're asking for trouble, tell the service manager to put it in writing that he Okayed driving it. Then I'd take them up on it and with any luck you'll huff the engine. Sad that they hire people who have a good line of BS but are clueless when it comes to auto repair especially the front line men, the service writers/managers.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

In writing, it’s up to $35 per day for 1 week. My stepfather found that out with his Ram 2500 the hard way, I am sure Jeep is the same way (they have the same “Cares” team, only a different brand name). I would demand something in writing as you mentioned if more was promised... Best of luck! Unfortunately your dealer sounds incompetent and Jeep ”Cares” showing their usual self.

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
The incompetence of the service dept/manager is beyond belief. An oil change wasn’t part of the service - really? Drive it until it grenades, then they will have to give you a new motor.
Sponsored