Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Probably means that all 2022 Rubicons will have XR package, therefore they cut it into production sooner to make it easier for the MY changeover.
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I just drove my first (was not XR) 392...DAMM, that is one fun machine! I still prefer 2-door JL's and love my JLR, but that is the first 4-door that gave me goosebumps! (Will love my JLR even more in a few weeks when I find time to install the Edelbrock Supercharger!)

Now If I had a say in factory available Wrangler models, this would be offered:

392 XR package offered for 2-door JL's!
Hellcat XR package offered for 4-door JL's!

Come on Jeep, Dodge even put the Hellcat in a Durango for hell's sake...

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I just drove my first (was not XR) 392...DAMM, that is one fun machine! I still prefer 2-door JL's and love my JLR, but that is the first 4-door that gave me goosebumps! (Will love my JLR even more in a few weeks when I find time to install the Edelbrock Supercharger!)

Now If I had a say in factory available Wrangler models, this would be offered:

392 XR package offered for 2-door JL's!
Hellcat XR package offered for 4-door JL's!

Come on Jeep, Dodge even put the Hellcat in a Durango for hell's sake...
Yes, that's a much bigger engine bay.

I'd like to see it. I question the ability to keep it cool and package it appropriately however :) Can probably do it, it might just pull timing all the time. Aftermarket has done it.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
This is true but I’m not sure whether they are mounted higher or just have a higher arch I have some in my garage I have yet to put on though I doubt it’ll make that much of a difference but maybe so ya never know. You would think the .5” pucks would’ve eliminated that issue considering I’m already running the Rubi suspension
I'm pretty confident that they will make enough difference for you to be happy with the results.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
84jeepjohn said:

I’m curious why we have not gotten any more pics or info from the auto show.

Me too. It's very odd.
The Chicago Show was less than half as many days and a LOT smaller this year. Probably only about 25% of the normal show? A LOT less people attending also. MUCH less attendance means less of a chance for someone on the forum being there to take pics. I went but did not take many pictures. There were quite a few JLs there with the package. I will see if I have any decent pics to post.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
84jeepjohn said:

The Chicago Show was less than half as many days and a LOT smaller this year. Probably only about 25% of the normal show? A LOT less people attending also. MUCH less attendance means less of a chance for someone on the forum being there to take pics. I went but did not take many pictures. There were quite a few JLs there with the package. I will see if I have any decent pics to post.

I found these reviews from the Chicago Show. I was there the same day these guys were. It was the media day preview.

The Xtreme Recon intro starts at the 12:00 minute mark.

Last edited:

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
84jeepjohn said:

yes - I can’t believe we didn’t get one shot of underneath the recon 392, to see what suspension it had going on under there.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Cool finds thanks Viper, cracks me up you can tell that the guy videoing is having an issue keeping his eyes and camera on the track especially at 53 seconds 56 seconds and 137 seconds.

Man I miss the car show attendees

I found these reviews from the Chicago Show. I was there the same day these guys were. It was the media day preview.

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I agree. Likely required for v6 and 392, but not an option for 2.0.
It will be for the 2022 model year! You can actually build the Jeep with the 2.0T and the xtreme recon package on the Canadian site right now Jeep.ca. So for 2021 it’s just something to do with production is why only the V6 and 392 models.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
It will be for the 2022 model year! You can actually build the Jeep with the 2.0T and the xtreme recon package on the Canadian site right now Jeep.ca. So for 2021 it’s just something to do with production is why only the V6 and 392 models.
It sounded like in one of those videos it will eventually be an option on all models.

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
It sounded like in one of those videos it will eventually be an option on all models.
Yep I’m the official press release there was a point where he says “more 35” tire info later this year “ so I would
Assume they will open it up to other motor choices. Again i wouldn’t stay with the 35’s but everything in that package is a decent deal. And upgrading to 37’s will be a no brained for sure. Then I can give my son the 35’s or put them on my CJ.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I wonder if they'd do an XR on Sport/Saharas in the future too. They are already doing special fenders with this package, so maybe those would get the higher fender flares too. That would be exciting. I could give up some creature comforts for a Willys Sport XR would possibly still come in under $40K.

Honestly even a different XR package for the Sport lines would be welcome if it came with 33" and a small lift.
Sponsored