Sponsored

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
For those Rubicon owners who want a higher top speed, this package also increases speed limiter to 110 mph.
Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Yeah I figured it was as the Rubi hood is as well but you can always make them functional I suppose. Good catch I didn’t even remember the Mojave had the same hood, ha!
S&B makes a functional hood-scoop conversion for their cold air intake kit.S&B Hood-scoop

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
I would have liked this package on my 2020 JLUR, would have been pretty much perfect for my needs.

But, as others have mentioned, I think Jeep could have named it better. IMHO Jeep should have stuck with the "trail" themed names. We have the Rubicon & they had the Moab. They should have named this the "Black Bear" package. The sign at the entrance to Black Bear Pass states "high clearance" vehicles. To me this would have been better than what Jeep went with. Or at least another trail that requires "high clearance".

Oh well, I do think it is a nice package that will definitely sell.

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
Something I did see in the Chicago auto show Jeep YouTube coverage is that “more 35” tire info to come later this year”. So hope they will allow the 2.0 & 3.0 to get them. Maybe open something up to other trims??

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The BFG 315/70R17 C is on national backorder. Is this going to help or hurt? Michelin is way behind in tire production.

This package is effectively identical to my Jeep on the dynatrac 2” lift but with a completely unnecessary regearing.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Rubicon Extreme Recon Axles - Apparently the XR comes with the same rear axle as the "standard" Rubicon. But the front axle is a "heavy duty" version of the front axle that comes on the "standard" Rubicon? Possible the same front axle that comes on the Gladiator? I've also read posts referring to "wide track" axles? I'm totally confused by what the difference is between the standard front axle and the HD front axle and also what "wide track" means vs the standard axles. These all seem to be some version of the D44? Thanks for any help.
All Rubicon axles are D44 wide.

BamaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2015 Rubicon 2-dr
........................ I strongly recommend the Maximus-3 Tow loops and winch base plate. The Maximus combination is slick, stout, provides recovery points, and looks way better when the Jeep isn’t being towed (I think). (Although you should assume the paint will start to fail after less than 10,000 miles of towing.)
I never heard of Maximus-3. But I went to their web page and checked them out. From what I saw, I like them. I'm going to do some research on them. I have lots of time. Hopefully I can see some in person. Thanks again for the info.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Can someone elaborate on the upgraded brakes that are included in this package? Specifically how they are different from a stock rubicon? I assume size, but are the calipers different?

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Can someone elaborate on the upgraded brakes that are included in this package? Specifically how they are different from a stock rubicon? I assume size, but are the calipers different?
JTs get upgraded rear brakes from the Ram 1500. The rotors are 13.9". My understanding is that they are included in the Rubicon XR package.

I don't know if they have different calipers.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
JTs get upgraded rear brakes from the Ram 1500. The rotors are 13.9". My understanding is that they are included in the Rubicon XR package.

I don't know if they have different calipers.
It looks like they get the same brakes that are standard on the 392, so perhaps looking at the 392 specs could shed some light

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The BFG 315/70R17 C is on national backorder. Is this going to help or hurt? Michelin is way behind in tire production.

This package is effectively identical to my Jeep on the dynatrac 2” lift but with a completely unnecessary regearing.
apparently theres a major rubber shortage so all tire manufacturers will likely be affected. Hopefully prices dont increase but everything else is so…

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

For those Rubicon owners who want a higher top speed, this package also increases speed limiter to 110 mph.
that is probably a result of the larger diamter tires. The larger the diameter the higher the top speed and slower bottom end. Thats why they put 22s on the Ram SRT10
Sponsored