Sponsored

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
What color are the rims for the Xtreme Recon package? It looks like they are a combination of bronze and black based on the 392 image posted, but I was really hoping for all black on a regular rubicon. Does anyone have better images of the sting gray wrangler at the auto show?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It’s a great bargain IF that combination is exactly what you want, but if you want to run 37s (like me) and you prefer 9” rims (like me) and you’ve read horror stories about the Mopar gate reinforcement (like me) the only value in that package is the 456 gearing.
Actually it's still a bargain because you can sell the beadlock capable wheels, 35 inch tires, and Mopar tailgate reinforcement and it's still a good deal for the factory gears.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
What color are the rims for the Xtreme Recon package? It looks like they are a combination of bronze and black based on the 392 image posted, but I was really hoping for all black on a regular rubicon. Does anyone have better images of the sting gray wrangler at the auto show?
I'm assuming they'll be black, like this mule. Bronze rims would look pretty bad with the V6 Rubicon's red accents and lettering. And on colors like Gecko, things would be getting pretty psychadelic with all those different shades.

Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show 1626438694126

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
You can't beat that price for that pkg, as others said. Just 35's and rims have put me a grand out from that price tag. So toss a lift on and install and the price equals out. Now Jeep needs to offer it on vehicles other than the Rubicon. And for folks that want 37's+ and more height, be honest, you were going to mod the OEM no matter what ;)

Sponsored

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

I'm assuming they'll be black, like this mule. Bronze rims would look pretty bad with the V6 Rubicon's red accents and lettering. And on colors like Gecko, things would be getting pretty psychadelic with all those different shades.

as per latest guide only the 392 gets bronze wheels

Xtreme Recon Package.jpg

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
You can't beat that price for that pkg, as others said. Just 35's and rims have put me a grand out from that price tag. So toss a lift on and install and the price equals out. Now Jeep needs to offer it on vehicles other than the Rubicon. And for folks that want 37's+ and more height, be honest, you were going to mod the OEM no matter what ;)
Lol, True story. I was gonna order semi-loaded Rubi with plastic bumpers. Hell, if I was going to put a leveling kit or mild lift on it, AEV wheels and 35's I might as well buy after market bumper as well. My order got screwed up after 9 weeks and I got a new VON and VIN. Started over. In the mean time XR became available. $4k for exactly what I was going to do and let Toledo deal with install. Plus the gears, tire carrier and brakes I wasn't going to do. I'm in. Already paying $4k for XR, threw the Mopar Steel bumpers in this time. That way Zero mods when that puppy gets here. Well, my short legged wife will need steps and the Mopar rock rails won't cut it. Throw on LOD's and I'm done. If I could have gotten a true rock rail step from factory I would have and not done anything. Except for I'll have to add winch. Okay okay. You proved your point, lol :CWL:

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Actually it's still a bargain because you can sell the beadlock capable wheels, 35 inch tires, and Mopar tailgate reinforcement and it's still a good deal for the factory gears.
I replaced my factory Rubicon wheels and tires immediately. They were new and unblemished, but I wasn’t able to sell them for even 50% of the new retail price. I tried Craigslist twice. One guy offered to buy them, but expected me to ship, which is crazy expensive and a PIA. Les Schwab, a large northwest tire and wheel retailer eventually gave me credit against new tires and wheels on my truck, but I only got about 25 cents on the dollar for the trade. I’ve never had good luck selling used wheels and tires. Maybe it’s a regional thing.

Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Thank you Jeep for offering this in a 2-door and manual transmission!
Agreed. Just one more reason to get a Bronco. 2 door squatch. Saw one last night on the road, gorgeous.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Like many, I knew I wanted to be able to run 37s before I bought my JL. If this new package had been available, and I bought it, I would have had to replace the wheels, tires and lift to buy the wheels, tires, and lift I need to run what I want.

For those who never want to run more than 35s the package is a great deal.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't phrase my original question very well, but that is exactly what my main concern is.....can I run 37 X 12.50 BFGs on 4.5" backspaced wheels with the Extreme Recon Package without making a lot of other changes.
if you want to run 37s off road you will need more lift. Also, you should look at the tire you want to run. Go to the tire manufacturer‘s site and see what they say is the minimum wheel width to safely mount their tire. Some options will dictate a wider wheel, though many will tell you that you can go narrower safely. I’ll get flamed for this, but I prefer to follow manufacturer tolerances.

I have the 2” MOPAR lift and run 37” BFGs. They don’t rub on the trails I run, but some who run tires that are truer to size, like the Nittos, claim they contact at full flex. I haven’t put my Jeep on a rack to test full flex, so I don’t know if the BFGs will clear at the extreme. Also, some claim the 2” MOPAR lift actually yields more like 2.5”. That may be true, but I didn’t measure before and after.

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It’s possible with gutting the inner liners on an additional 1.5” of lift
I wonder if they re-worked the inner fender liners... We know they extended them out slightly to cover the tire, it's possible there's changes to the inner structure too.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Found a couple more pics from Chicago. We know the Hydro one is 392. I can't tell if this Sting one is 392 or not. Can't see the hood or front hooks. Looks like Bronze wheels so prob. 392. So still no looks at a standard Rubi with XR other than the spy shots from Mopar Insider taken back in May I posted the other day. Edit.... Founds some pics that show the hooks. The Sting is a non-392. Let's hope the Bronze is all that was available for the show and the Black ones become available before they start to build them :)
Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show 1626455124950
Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show 2021_Chicago_Auto_Show_Jeep__2
Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show 2021_Chicago_Auto_Show_Jeep_46

Last edited:

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Found a couple more pics from Chicago. We know the Hydro one is 392. I can't tell if this Sting one is 392 or not. Can't see the hood or front hooks. Looks like Bronze wheels so prob. 392. So still no looks at a standard Rubi with XR other than the spy shots from Mopar Insider taken back in May I posted the other day.
Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show 2021_Chicago_Auto_Show_Jeep_46
sure looks like red outline around the rubicon sticker indicating a V6
Sponsored