Sponsored

SirDapperDom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Wrangler Sport, 1990 240sx Hatch
So no new information really. I had hoped more details and pics would come out of todays show. Later I guess.
I believe the show opens to the public tomorrow (?) so I can only hope we'll get some real photos then.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Should offer it on all Wranglers, not just Rubicon. Ford is offering Sasquatch package is on all Broncos.
I hear you and used to think this too. SAS package offers lockers, 34in tires, lift. If Jeep offered this package on sports, then that'll turn it into a Rubicon. You are getting everything a Rubicon has.

When you put everything into perspective. Jeeps are a little pricier than Broncos at the higher end. You also get a solid front axle, a vehicle that has proven its offroad capabilities for decades, and well, a Jeep. I take my 2 door sport with rear LSD, rubicon suspension and M/T 33inch tires, sway bar disconnect and a winch offroad quite a bit. I have come to realize jeeps are very strong and capable off-road even without lockers. They're absolute beasts. Jeep is not offering a sasquatch package for a sport because in all honesty, you dont need it.

The upgrades on my sport metal bumpers, rubi takeoffs (wheels tires suspension), sliders, winch, sway bar disco. Came to about 3k total. And I have a Jeep that I am sure can tackle the Rubicon as I get better skills. It is an absolute beast of a machine with this setup. So Jeep offers the Willys, which is very very close to what I currently have.

Perhaps Jeep could offer a Willys with the 35in tires and 1.5in lift and a rear locker instead of rear LSD. That would be an absolute beast and better than the bronco sas for sure. Huge value package it would be. Or make the tires 33in at least.

I love 33in tires on a JL. I feel it is the perfect setup. It is extremely capable, gets great MPG, great for daily driving, and it forces me to build some offroad skill. I love it.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I believe the show opens to the public tomorrow (?) so I can only hope we'll get some real photos then.
Ahhh. Didn't know that. There'll be pics. You know us Jeep owners. Not much on patience :)

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Same here. I ordered Monday with the package. I wanted 2.0 but didn't have a choice.
thats such a bummer. how long is your wait time with the package add if you dont mind me asking?

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Ralf Nader, is waiting for the first rollover!

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
I wonder why this package is limited to the 3.6 V6, and does not include the turbo?

Sounds like the 4.88 great ratio will also not be available on the 2.0 Turbo.
Maybe because of the plant they're using. I think they'll open it it up to the 2.0 for 2022.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the same boat as you, had a 2019 JLUR manual with 14k miled. I sold it since since the second market is so good right now and got more than what I paid for. Just check out Vroom/Carmax, you will be surprised. I casually looked at vroom without intent of selling and I just couldn't refuse the 52k offer to get the Manual with 4.88

Moving forward 2 weeks, I ended up convincing myself to get the 392.
Well that escalated quickly!

Yeah I already checked Vroom. $1k more than I paid for the jeep. Problem is that I would have to be without a jeep for a while and really not willing to put up with that and all other associated hassles. I’m happy with my jeep how it is.

Here's how I look at it. I haven't had a Jeep since my 2013 2 door. I was going to buy a 21, then realized we are close to the 22's so I'm waiting for a new color. Then, they announced the Recon XtremeZ package and I figured no shot on the 2 door. Since they are now saying it CAN be added, that seems like a no brainer for 2022 and to just wait.

IF, and it's a mighty big IF the inline 6 ever comes out, I would just trade in for it. Won't hold my breathe, and won't waste a few years enjoying a great, capable, perfectly fine 3.6 pentastar powered JL.
Ah, but I have a jeep right now and you don’t. So yeah if I were in your shoes I’d definitely do that!

Deviant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Yeah absolutely. 35’s in 315 alone would cost you about $1,500 +/-. Adding a regear, lift and a set of 5 beadlocks and you’re way over that price point on your own for sure. There’s no question there. Good to see Jeep offering more than “appearance” pkg’s to the list of options. I would expect that it will be offered to other models as well, all the way down to the Sport once signals show demand.

This I can agree with though. Not sure how in the world a 1.5” is going to cut it. I’m at 2” + .5” hockey pucks on 315’s and need at least another 2” to feel comfortable again and open that gap back up. But that’s just my personal opinion.
But you have to subtract from that what Jeep pays for the "original" parts on a normal Rubicon. They are charging aftermarket prices on top of equipment they are not giving you now. It's not 1:1
Sponsored