Sponsored

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Not sure if anyone noticed this but the picture looks like there are fender flare extensions on the front and rear fenders...like rock deflectors.
Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Not sure if anyone noticed this but the picture looks like there are fender flare extensions on the front and rear fenders...like rock deflectors.
Yeah they had to add those since some states don't let you have tires outside of the fenders.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
But you have to subtract from that what Jeep pays for the "original" parts on a normal Rubicon. They are charging aftermarket prices on top of equipment they are not giving you now. It's not 1:1
Jeep will make a bunch of money from those who would be satisfied with such a package. You are absolutely correct…

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Yeah they had to add those since some states don't let you have tires outside of the fenders.
I wouldn't mine those on my Rubi now with my Cooper Stt Pros.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
But you have to subtract from that what Jeep pays for the "original" parts on a normal Rubicon. They are charging aftermarket prices on top of equipment they are not giving you now. It's not 1:1
I see the point you’re trying to make but it’s the same as if you purchased a Rubicon and bought aftermarket suspension, had a regear, wheels, tires. Its much cheaper in this PKG. It’s not meant to be a 1:1.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
On the V6, I believe you are also getting the following:
  • Dana M210 Wide HD Tube Front Axle (DJV)
  • Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Perf Brakes (BR4)
  • MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement (XDB) + rear tire locator
The first 2 are standard on the 392, and the suspension may also be unchanged on the 392 (uncertain currently) - so seems like a good deal for the V6, but not as much on the 392
Yeah I didn’t even catch that. That’s even better at that price point. Good catch!

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
I take it you've never bought upgrades to a custom home? Builders don't charge you their marginal price difference. They do exactly what Jeep is doing here.

BamaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2015 Rubicon 2-dr
Does it make sense to order the Rubicon (V6 and 4.88) Extreme Recon package if I plan on running 37" KM3's on aftermarket wheels?

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I would definitely have added this to my 4xE order had it been available for that model. I think this package is a great value. I do understand why it wasn’t due to the added weight of the 4xE though.
I also wonder if this won’t be spread across the models if it’s a hot seller. Especially when there are no longer concerns with supply constraints. Quite possible Stellantis didn’t want to backlog orders for months on end and face the same criticism as the Bronco.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
I mean I'm glad they're offering it but for the price, nah. Overpriced if you ask me. The cost differential between what is currently installed versus these "different" parts does not equate to $4k IMO.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I'm glad they're offering it but for the price, nah. Overpriced if you ask me. The cost differential between what is currently installed versus these "different" parts does not equate to $4k IMO.
Whats the warranty and support worth? :)

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly - a warranty on a set of springs, tailgate apparatus, wheels, and pinion gear?
I mean I do a 4 week cross country trip every year. I bought a 2021 JLUR.

Had the dealer install a Mopar 2” lift (AE revision with Fox shocks and no more spring bowing), and a Fox steering stabilizer (which is offered).

I bought third party 17x8 wheels (AEV Pintler) w/BFG 315/70/17c tires.

What I bought cost more than the new package. My kit is warrantied though, like the new package, and for me that is key.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Regearing your axles is $2,000. Good luck getting 35's, lift, shocks + install, beadlock wheels, and an upgraded swing gate for the other $2k. Even if you bought a rubicon and put equivalent parts on aftermarket and sold the take offs, you would still be way over $4k. I understand the argument you're trying to make, but it's flat wrong. On top of all that, it's factory. It's covered by warranty and they can't push you around when other stuff breaks and they try to blame your custom gears or oversized tires.
Sponsored

Last edited: