Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Does anyone else not like the little plastic part of on the fenders they added to cover the 35s?
I like that they widened the fenders, but don't like how they did it.

that is probably a result of the larger diamter tires. The larger the diameter the higher the top speed and slower bottom end. Thats why they put 22s on the Ram SRT10
All top speeds are electronically limited and based off of the tire's speed rating. This is true for almost everything new.
Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
The BFG 315/70R17 C is on national backorder. Is this going to help or hurt? Michelin is way behind in tire production.

This package is effectively identical to my Jeep on the dynatrac 2” lift but with a completely unnecessary regearing.
According to the BFG Rep that I spoke with at the Jeep Invasion in NJ there are 2 new part numbers for the 315/70/17 08884 if for the Jeep and part number 07361 id for the Ford Raptor or Bronco and they have released the 37x12.50x17 that is a C range tire and will be standard on the Ford Raptor 37 package, BUT the 37" tire weighs 64.84 pounds and the 315/70/17 weighs 63.67 pounds. Weather you like BFG KO2 Tires or not they are one of the lightest tires in their class, hell the 39 is under 70 pounds but BFG Tires always seem to run a little smaller than stated

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko2#sizes

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Well its official I got my deposit in and order in house today! Now I wait to see what the production date is. Tic Tock, here we go!

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
Man I really wish that this package, the JLUR 4XE and 392 had all been available on
11-30-2020, when I ordered my brand spanking new 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Had they been know about, I totally would have either ordered a 392, with the Xtreme Recon package. Oh well, I still love the Jeep that I bought and am very happy with it.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Well its official I got my deposit in and order in house today! Now I wait to see what the production date is. Tic Tock, here we go!
Yep, me too. Congrats! It's bad enough to wait on a build but waiting to start waiting is rough :) It's cool, we all knew going in it would be August. Lets hope August 1 and not August 31......

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yep, me too. Congrats! It's bad enough to wait on a build but waiting to start waiting is rough :) It's cool, we all knew going in it would be August. Lets hope August 1 and not August 31......

Thanks GW, yeah they said due to the new option it might take a little extra time to get the production date from the factory.

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unilimited Rubicon
Any clarification on the wheel color for a standard Rubicon (non-392)?

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Thanks. The pictures look like a charcoal with black beadlock rings. Either one is good with me as long as they are not bronze, just not a fan of those.
Yep, pulling for Black and not Bronze

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unilimited Rubicon
I never heard of Maximus-3. But I went to their web page and checked them out. From what I saw, I like them. I'm going to do some research on them. I have lots of time. Hopefully I can see some in person. Thanks again for the info.
I bought a couple of Rhino Racks with the Maximus-3 mounts and they are amazing. 900lbs rated. Also, I met an spoke with the owner of Maximus-3 on several occasions. One of the nicest and most helpful people you will meet. I would recommend them any day of the week.

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not a terrible price. The cost of tires, wheels, and regear makes up most of it. But, as many have mentioned, it’s not much of a lift.

I’m not surprised they didn’t offer it on the Sahara or Sport models. Yes, the Dana 30 axles can handle 35s but you can expect problems down the road. The 44s are built to handle the bigger tires.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
" The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later this year on Wrangler Rubicon two-door and four-door models equipped with the 3.6-liter V-6 engine. "

This is all I care about. Adding 4.88 diff gearing without the extra Xtreme stuff. Very awesome! I'm wanting a 2dr JL rubicon so bad. Being able to get it with even lower gearing is so cool. I wonder how much that 4.88 diff gearing will cost. The Xtreme package is a great deal though too at only $4000.
Sponsored