3.6L stock issue (everyone should have this)

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I have a 3.6 with auto in my 2 door sport and on my freeway onramp to hit the 75mph I am heavy into it after the cloverleaf and have never noticed any throttle lag. Must be RPM'd up because of the way I hit it hard.

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
the jump in rpm is the transmission downshifting to a lower gear, hence why your buddies manual equipped vehicle does not do the same thing like others ahave said, a petal comander will gie a more. linear response that you may be looking for by is not going to add any more power just remaps the throttle body to closer match petal input

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler sport s 2017 GMC Acadia
I finally got the hikeit X9 installed. Major difference. So far I’ve tried it on auto and eco level 5. Auto is great so far. If I need to get out in traffic I have no hesitation about going for it now. You hit the throttle and there is an immediate response. The eco isn’t bad. Better than the stock configuration but you can tell there is some lag still. I’m going to try out the other modes as well. I’m not sure if I’m going to try the hikeit mode as I can see that I’ll be spinning tires and I don’t feel like breaking anything. My opinion is it’s worth the price.

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80th, 2010 KK
I finally got the hikeit X9 installed. Major difference. So far I’ve tried it on auto and eco level 5. Auto is great so far. If I need to get out in traffic I have no hesitation about going for it now. You hit the throttle and there is an immediate response. The eco isn’t bad. Better than the stock configuration but you can tell there is some lag still. I’m going to try out the other modes as well. I’m not sure if I’m going to try the hikeit mode as I can see that I’ll be spinning tires and I don’t feel like breaking anything. My opinion is it’s worth the price.
The downshift for a higher rpm is normal on the auto transmission. Its what it is supposed to do. I would worry if it didnt. It is equivalent to your buddy with the manual transmission shifting to a lower gear to get more power to increase speed.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler sport s 2017 GMC Acadia
The downshift for a higher rpm is normal on the auto transmission. Its what it is supposed to do. I would worry if it didnt. It is equivalent to your buddy with the manual transmission shifting to a lower gear to get more power to increase speed.
I agree with what you are saying. I just wanted it to be more responsive. Seems like you almost have to floor it when you want to jump into traffic or pass another vehicle on the highway. I know all newer vehicles have that pedal lag due to fuel economy standards but I didn’t buy my jeep for the fuel economy. The hikeit did what I wanted it to which was a more accurate pedal response.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Saharicon "Mud Muffin" (Wife), 2018 JLUR "Fat Ninja" (Me)
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running the HikeIt on the 3.6L with the 6 speed manual transmission? Any tips or setting recommendations?

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement