Sponsored

3.6L Pentastar V6 24V VVT Upgraded Engine vs. Current JK Engine

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
So do the JL Pentastars have EGR? And do they have the water jacket in the head to cool the built in exhaust manifold or is it only the EGR that's cooled... or both?
Yes they have EGR as already mentioned, however there is no mention of an additional water jacket or seperate cooling path for the heads.

267DD7AD-8544-4D84-A165-613BA8CC7538.jpeg

D0767829-4520-4791-803C-0D5D326A9E2C.jpeg

Interestingly enough there are 2 exhaust ports and while only one is used, chosing which one has a return tube or a recirculating blocker plate, depends on what vehicle app/type it is.

7A3E3A2F-9AB4-4D9B-B1C1-65FF05B1BE85.jpeg

Reminds me a bit of an old Firehawk project I worked on for a friend when we couldnā€™t figure out the extra ā€˜port holeā€™, and then we realized we got a competition engine with dual dipsticks.
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Gearing/gearing/gearing !!!

My poor 3.8l/202 hp v6, could pull my off-road trailer up trees, with minimum power app.----because of 5.38 locked diffs--

gearing--torque--gearing-

What the hey-

JIMBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Can all you stop whining about power?!?! I traded in my 2019 Subaru STI (which would have put every jeep on this forum to shame when it came to 0-60, trap speed, quarter-mile, etc) for my 2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited manual. I was pleasantly surprised at the pickup and power band considering the hp and tq tradeoff especially considering the power to weight ratio and AWD compared to RWD/4WD drivetrain. That being said, I now have a terraflex 2.5" lift and 35's. I am still happy with the power band and winding out the gears! The torque lifts up the left nose every time I give it some sauce off off the line! One day I was late to work and was pleasantly surprised to hear a HARD second gear chirp reaming through the gears with my setup! Regarding the trans with 4.10's, 6th gear is no longer used. If you complain about pickup, spend $2,000ish to change the ratio to 4.10's or higher. If the power still isn't enough, put a hemi in it. For all you people who complain, you know what you bought. Chrysler is not known for power and ESPECIALLY not RELIABILITY for that matter. Before you get triggered and say I don't know what I'm talking about... I sold cars at the highest level for eight years and drove some of the fastest cars in production. You bought a tried and true drive train which has served me well off road, in deep water, sounds pretty good with my foot in it, has the capability of putting the top down over all four passengers, taking the doors off, functions as a family vehicle, and has an aftermarket like NO OTHER VEHICLE! If you have a problem, break out your wallet and pay to play or enjoy a platform that has created the largest following of any SUV of all time! End of rant, have a pleasant day! :)
Sponsored