Sponsored

3.6L not available to order now?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I would guess that there's a parts shortage, and 3.6ls are being prioritized to Gladiators so as not to bottleneck that production line.
Have the Gladiators been selling that well? For the past year or so, they've been the only JL that dealerships always seem to have sitting on their lots (and occasionally some JL/JLU Sports). I see a few driving around, but not many.
Sponsored

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
This whole situation blows. I was literally a few weeks away from ordering a JLU 6-speed sport s and now its a no-go because of this. I really don't wat to pay an additional $2000 for an auto (granted they are a good transmission) and especially don't want to pay for whatever they're going to charge for the 2023 year models. Lets wait and see I guess.

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
Bunch of Bronco reservation/order holders jumping ship and buying a Jeep?
After 16 months of waiting for a 2-door 7-speed Bronco Badlands, I tried to order a 2-door Rubicon with the 6-speed last week. Was told 2.0L/auto only. I guess I'll either wait for a 2023 Rubicon or keep waiting on the Bronco. I am not at all interested in an automatic.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
@ZBRA I did the same. Reserved a 2D Badlands, manual transmission, on 7/14/20. The reservation was converted to an order in Jan 2021. After the dealer advised me the vehicle wouldn't be a '21, and wouldn't be delivered in 2021 at all, I ordered a JLR with 3.6L and manual trans. I got it 8.5 weeks later. Then, in December 2021, I ordered another JLR, 3.6 and manual trans, and got that one in 11 weeks.

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

Bunch of Bronco reservation/order holders jumping ship and buying a Jeep?
That's exactly why I'm here. I'm tired of getting jerked around on my Bronco order so once Jeep brought back affiliate pricing, I put in my order the my JLURX. It's been "in shipping" for a little over a month now so I'm hoping I'll be getting a call soon.

Sponsored

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
Yikes. I ordered a 3.6L manual end at the of January. I haven't gotten any calls and I'm "scheduled for production" so wondering what might happen to my order.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Those that ordered shouldn't have any issues (other than delay in delivery). The parts have been assigned. Those that haven't are now SOL, at least for 2022 MY and hope of delivery before mid-fall.

My '21 diesel order went in when ordering opened in early July 2020. Similar production start. Delivery at the end of September. I had the similar issue of trying to buy or order around May 2020 and was told order banks were already closed and had to wait until July.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I'm sure the 3.6L, Rubicon, etc. will be available as a 2023 and available to order in June (or whenever the order banks are open).

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I am sure they will, at all trims, June 15. I'd be a little concerned with option availability and inclusion. As we've seen from almost all manufacturers these days, options are being pulled from new builds due to parts and chip availability, including things recently added (like Android Auto and CarPlay in many vehicles).

Happy to have mine, but sure I could get another within 6 months if I were patient (maybe not with the diesel though).

Sponsored

350camper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTU
Any chance XR package becomes available for the V6 without eTorque?

Scarif Patrol

First Name
MK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLU Sahara 4Xe
Any chance XR package becomes available for the V6 without eTorque?
Not in the 22MY. XR has been pulled on all models except High Tide which comes with the 3.6L eTorque. My best guess on why they force the turbo or eTorque on the XR package is for CAFE reasons. Can't have the standard V6 cutting into their margins for the 392.
Sponsored