First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
Does anyone know why Jeep isn't offering the V6 engine right now? I was told they have stopped taking orders for most trims with the 3.6L engine, both manual and automatic. I think they even stopped the Eco Diesel in some trims as well, I know the Rubicon for sure. I can't imagine any reason why they would stop for "normal" conditions. I thought it could be something to do with 2023 orders, but that seems too far off (if it's in October time like last year). The only 3 other ideas I had could be;
1) They're putting in the 3 Liter Hurricane engine in sooner than expected.
2) There's another parts shortage and they can't build those engines fast enough.
3) They're trying to save parts for 2023 orders so they have product to actually build
I hate to say it, but I really think it's #2. My friend Jeff said he got a call from Jeep saying they had changed the engine on his order (He had the 3.6L), so that was disappointing, but he's just happy they didn't cancel his order entirely. Has this happened to anyone else? I have a gladiator on order, and so far they don't seem to be affected and can still be ordered, but I think I understand it since they don't have the 2 liter turbo as another option. I almost had my friend convinced to get a Wrangler in the same color, but he would only want a manual.

Long story short...WTF? Does anyone have any idea why they're gone, or when they could be back??
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'd assume parts and chip shortages. I saw where new BMWs won't even have Carplay due to the chip shortages that vary by manufacturer.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
All new Jeeps have to be electric, starting about a week ago. I know, crazy...but, whatcha gonna do.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
All new Jeeps have to be electric, starting about a week ago. I know, crazy...but, whatcha gonna do.
Nah bro. I heard that all Jeep products starting MY23 must be self-driving with no option for manual override. But the good news is they're still gonna make a manual transmission! Bad news is it's mechanically actuated and controlled by the computer AI. I don't get it either. And instead of climbing over rocks, it stops or tries to drive around them.

Sponsored

Hunnieshadow

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Q8, 2019 HD Fat Boy, 2022 JL Rubicon on order
I’m thinking 2 as well.

I ordered a 2 door Rubicon yesterday (5/12) with the 3.6 engine and the dealer I spoke with said Jeep is only doing the 2.0T right now. It really didn’t make me upset, I was having a hard time picking an engine as it was. I basically had it picked for me and I’m okay with that! Read countless threads on this site on the 3.6vs2.0T, and it’s so split! I’ve done test drives on both. I’m okay with either engine.

I’m just happy to get back into a Wrangler 🤗🤗

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Does anyone know why Jeep isn't offering the V6 engine right now? I was told they have stopped taking orders for most trims with the 3.6L engine, both manual and automatic. I think they even stopped the Eco Diesel in some trims as well, I know the Rubicon for sure. I can't imagine any reason why they would stop for "normal" conditions. I thought it could be something to do with 2023 orders, but that seems too far off (if it's in October time like last year). The only 3 other ideas I had could be;
1) They're putting in the 3 Liter Hurricane engine in sooner than expected.
2) There's another parts shortage and they can't build those engines fast enough.
3) They're trying to save parts for 2023 orders so they have product to actually build
I hate to say it, but I really think it's #2. My friend Jeff said he got a call from Jeep saying they had changed the engine on his order (He had the 3.6L), so that was disappointing, but he's just happy they didn't cancel his order entirely. Has this happened to anyone else? I have a gladiator on order, and so far they don't seem to be affected and can still be ordered, but I think I understand it since they don't have the 2 liter turbo as another option. I almost had my friend convinced to get a Wrangler in the same color, but he would only want a manual.

Long story short...WTF? Does anyone have any idea why they're gone, or when they could be back??
I think it is because they want to finish 2022 without having a bunch of orders that they cannot build due to shortages. People complain because their Jeeps aren't getting built and now they complain because they can't get certain options. If you don't like what is available now, wait for a 2023.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
It was posted earlier that the 2023 order banks are scheduled to open in about 5 weeks.

If it’s similar to the Grand Cherokee, they have more orders for certain models than they can fulfill is what my dealer was told. I tried to order a ‘22 Grand Cherokee Summit & those orders were closed. On another forum a guy just placed an order yesterday for a 2023 GC Limited, but they aren’t accepting orders for Summits yet.

My guess is they have too many current orders with the 3.6.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Bunch of Bronco reservation/order holders jumping ship and buying a Jeep?

Steve in Orlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Damn, I was hoping they were going to fix the assembly line error that has the intake and exhaust lifters reversed on every 2020 and 2021 model that has had the lobes flattened on their VVL cams.

It would be nice if they would at least fix the assembly line even if they don't fix the hundreds of thousands of engines they have cranked out with the lifters reversed!

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I hope it’s just issues with too high of demand for the 3.6L…

Rumor has it that one of the plants that supplies a major part for 3.6L Wranglers is having some QC issues. Surprisingly, the plant that supplies the same part for the 2.0T is in Mexico and doing just fine.

If this is actually the cause, I’m surprised it’s gotten this bad, but I’m happy Jeep is doing something about it instead of rolling with it like Ford did with the Bronco launch.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Rumor has it that one of the plants that supplies a major part for 3.6L Wranglers is having some QC issues. Surprisingly, the plant that supplies the same part for the 2.0T is in Mexico and doing just fine.
I know the majority of 3.6L engines for the Wrangler are produced in Mexico, but afaik, they still have Pentastar production up and running in/around Toledo. You'd think they'd ramp up domestic production to correct the supply chain issues (and drop eTorque or ESS features if needed). For whatever reason, I haven't seen a US-made 3.6L JL/JLU window sticker since 2018.

Enfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Willys
I would guess that there's a parts shortage, and 3.6ls are being prioritized to Gladiators so as not to bottleneck that production line.

I feel fortunate that I just signed off on a trade into a 2022 Willys with the 3.6l and manual.
Sponsored