3.6l low oil after oil/filter change

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Just did my 2nd oil change on my 2020 sport and after I changed the oil i let it run and get up to temperature then let it sit for a bit and checked the oil. The oil level is on the low end of the dipstick. I used 5qts of pennzoil full synthetic and used a purolator one filter (could not find any mopar filters). Do I need to add some more oil or should this be okay? This did not happen on the first oil change I did.

Advertisement

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
@xtimesofgrace

Good to see you are doing your own oil changes! Next the diffs and transfer case.. Good for you!

Your JL's 3.6 engine takes 5 qts. You put 5 quarts in!! Wouldn't matter what brand oil filter you used..

I don't even bother checking the dipstick after I pour the 5 qts in...(why bother to do that) It takes 5 quarts, plain and simple.......... 5 qts. in, is five quarts in play.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Trivia:

From FCA press release when they introduced the 2nd Gen Pentastar...

"Windage-tray weight was slashed by 19 percent and front-cover weight was cut by 5 percent. The oil pan was redesigned from a two-piece to a single-piece pan and the sump was reduced from a 6-quart fill to a 5-quart fill – resulting in an overall 5-pound weight savings compared with the previous generation Pentastar V-6 engine."

OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
@xtimesofgrace

Good to see you are doing your own oil changes! Next the diffs and transfer case.. Good for you!

Your JL's 3.6 engine takes 5 qts. You put 5 quarts in!! Wouldn't matter what brand oil filter you used..

I don't even bother checking the dipstick after I pour the 5 qts in...(why bother to do that) It takes 5 quarts, plain and simple.......... 5 qts. in, is five quarts in play.
Yea that is kind of what I was thinking too but you can never be too careful so I thought I’d ask. I pretty much always do my own oil changes because I don’t trust oil change places or dealerships to do them. I’ve heard way too many horror stories plus one of those stories came from a family member. Oil change shop didn’t tighten her oil plug back down and it fell out riding down the road.

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
@xtimesofgrace

You never can tell how much people don't pour out of the bottle. Always, always check the oil level.

OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
You never can tell how much people don't pour out of the bottle. Always, always check the oil level.
I pour every last drop. I let it sit upside down in the funnel for a minute or two.

Advertisement

TopLift Pros

Advertisement