3.6L ESS Aux Battery Bypass

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I've tried 10 on/off cycles and still have the malfunction indicator on. So anyone wanting to test may want to wait until we figure out how to turn the error off.
Did you just turn on and off without driving around for awhile?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried 10 on/off cycles and still have the malfunction indicator on. So anyone wanting to test may want to wait until we figure out how to turn the error off.
maybe fully disconnect all possible power

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
maybe fully disconnect all possible power
That's what I'm thinking. I haven't hooked my AUX back up since I disconnected it, but this would be my first thing to try. And, I'd let it sit for awhile with the power removed as well.

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Jerry,

I don't mean to tax you too much, but do you have any idea what was changed and how that change affects how the system responds to jumping with a jump pack ?

The Jumper was my plan for jumping, if it was ever necessary......Unless I have a flash cal to deactivate the ESS permanently, I plan to physically just press the button each time I start the vehicle. I also believe that the problem with batteries draining has been resolved.....So with the NEW ESS system, what are the current issues or problems ?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I just got back from work and was going to post this same thing as well. I did the test yesterday and drove to work and back today and I still have the error. So, now I’m wondering what do I need to do to get it to reset? Wonder if I clear the DTCs if that will work?

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Clearing the DTCs with a scanner worked. I had an older scanner that could read , but not clear the code and a newer one that coudn't read it, but could clear it.

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I just got back from work and was going to post this same thing as well. I did the test yesterday and drove to work and back today and I still have the error. So, now I’m wondering what do I need to do to get it to reset? Wonder if I clear the DTCs if that will work?
Yes. In other vehicles I have found that if the condition that caused the error goes away for several on/off cycles, the error clears itself. I had to use a scanner to clear this on.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, good to know. I’ll get out my superchips and clear my codes. Thanks for the help. Odd that it didn’t clear on its own with everything put back to normal.

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Yes. In other vehicles I have found that if the condition that caused the error goes away for several on/off cycles, the error clears itself. I had to use a scanner to clear this on.
It worked like a charm! Thanks.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Glad to hear! I felt really bad telling everyone to do this, then having the error persist! I won't be able to look at mine for a few days, but I'll try disconnecting the battery completely to see if that resets it, unless someone beats me to it ;)

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Glad to hear! I felt really bad telling everyone to do this, then having the error persist! I won't be able to look at mine for a few days, but I'll try disconnecting the battery completely to see if that resets it, unless someone beats me to it ;)
Just clear the code.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I would be curious if this works since I don’t have a way to clear the code......

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Just clear the code.
Well, it would be helpful for some forum members if he tried his route first....... we all don’t have the devices to “clear the code” but we can all likely disconnect the battery if that does the trick!
Sponsored