LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I admittedly didn’t read all 34 pages of this thread, but am I wondering about the thread specs of the wing nuts used to attach the bypass.

@Jebiruph, do you happen to know these specs? Might be a useful update to the original post.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi

plisken

First Name
Harry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, BMW M5 E34
Apologies if this has been explained earlier in the thread ( I may have just missed it).

when viewing the voltage on the instrument cluster or through the 4x4 page, I assume when driving this is the alternator output and wondered when the rare occasions that the stop/start system actually operates and stops the engine, does this voltage display then show that of the main or auxiliary battery? I was thinking the latter but noticed that after the engine starts again, the voltage slowly increases back to 14v or whatever, making me then think that it perhaps only shows the voltage of the main battery, regardless.

Thanks in advance...

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Apologies if this has been explained earlier in the thread ( I may have just missed it).

when viewing the voltage on the instrument cluster or through the 4x4 page, I assume when driving this is the alternator output and wondered when the rare occasions that the stop/start system actually operates and stops the engine, does this voltage display then show that of the main or auxiliary battery? I was thinking the latter but noticed that after the engine starts again, the voltage slowly increases back to 14v or whatever, making me then think that it perhaps only shows the voltage of the main battery, regardless.

Thanks in advance...
I'm not sure which battery voltage is displayed during an auto stop. When I watched mine, there seemed to be a delay after the restart before the alternator voltage was displayed. That would indicate to me that it was monitoring the aux battery with the delay being from the battery relay reconnecting the aux battery.

Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement