I also meant to add that I didn't lose any custom settings that I know of - the radio seemed to have all my favorites, my phone still connected, and the info display seemed to be the same.
Does the TazerJL need to stay plugged in full time or is it just plugged in when making adjustments/clearing codes ?
Tazer JL features can be broken into two categories;
Vehicle Settings – which are changes made to the Jeep like tire size, gear ratios,
or change settings to accommodate other upgrades or modifications. These
changes will continue to operate after the Tazer JL is unplugged.
Live Functions – which are functions the Tazer JL performs live, only while
plugged into the OBD2 port.
– Change Tire Size
– Change Gear Ratio
– Change Transfer case LOW ratio
– Enable/Disable TPMS system
– Change TPMS pressure warning limit front/rear (25psi-85psi)
– Enable/Disable Backup camera
– Enable/Disable Cargo Camera input (8.4 Uconnect only)*
– Enable/Disable CD (wired audio) input*
– Enable/Disable TravelLink/XM traffic&weather
– Change Daytime Running Lights (DRL) region (type)
– Change DRL location
– Enable/Disable DRL Dropout function
– Enable/Disable factory fog lights
– Enable/Disable Fog Light Dropout (when Fogs shut off while High Beams are on)
– Enable/Disable Factory Halo lights (including BCM output for adding Halo’s)
– Enable/Disable One-touch lane change
– Change Headlight type (std/LED)
– Change Fog light type (std/LED)
– Change Taillight type (std/LED)
– Change Front Turn Signal type (std/LED) – supports aftermarket LED lights, too
– Enable/Disable Trailer Tow setting
– Enable/Disable Aux Button settings
– Enable/Disable Blind Spot detection (if hardware added or removed)
– Enable/Disable/Change Parksense configuration
– Disable Electronic Sway Bar (if removed from vehicle)
– Disable Front Axle Disconnect module for axle swaps
– Disable Front and Rear Lockers for axle swaps
– Disable Electronic Steering Pump for hydraulic steering conversions
– Change cluster splash screen Wrangler/Sahara/Rubicon
– Change HVAC controls setting to allow use of dual zone controls on single zone Jeep (for those upgrading the 5″ radio)
– Enable/Disable PANIC button on remote
– One-touch return-to-stock – Quick “unmarry” function returns all vehicle settings back to
– AutoStopStart disable – remembers last state of the auto stop start system and will set it for
you the next time you start the vehicle
– AutoTracKill – remembers last state of traction control system and will set it for you the next
time you start the vehicle
– Can disconnect sway bar in 2WD up to 30mph (any speed if button mapped SwayKill is used)
– Can use backup camera and added cargo/front/undercarriage camera or media player at
– TurnCAM – automatic backup camera when turn signals are used (8.4 uconnect only)
– Dark Mode- Turns off all exterior lighting and dash/radio/shifter lights while parked with
– Light Show mode – 6 preset and 3 make-your-own Light shows that flashes all the exterior
lights, perfect for car shows/first responders/off-road visibility. Control from Key Fob or
steering wheel buttons. Can be enabled for in-motion use for parades, off-road and legal
– Axle Locker control (Rubicon) – Engage lockers in 2WD and 4Hi on demand.
– Sway Bar control in 2WD with automatic re-engagement at 30MPH
– SwayKill – Disable sway bar on demand in any drive mode, any speed.
– TC Kill – Tuns off traction control, stability control and ABS.
– Hood Alarm – When the vehicle theft alarm is armed, monitors hood activity and will sound
the alarm and flash light shows if opened.
– Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running
– Line Lock: Can lock front brakes for an easy burnout
– Rock Crawl: Can lock all four brakes by pressing steering wheel buttons to hold the vehicle
still, especially helpful when off-road.
– Winch Mode: Raise idle to 2000 RPM with a simple button press.
– Button Mapping: Use cruise up, down and right buttons as quick-access to some of Tazer
JL’s functions, when cruise control is off.
– Display DTC’s – Shows the diagnostic codes that’s making the check engine light come on.
– Clear CELs – Reset that pesky check engine light. Good when you have mods that set the
light and you know exactly why.
– 0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timers – Displays 0-30 or 0-60 times on EVIC display
– Firmware updates – new firmware is available periodically, always free!
As was answered already, any OBDII scanner can clear codes but the superchips, etc will also read and clear codes too. I used my superchips flashcal to clear my codes but as it was stated already, that tool will also do things like change tire sizes and all that. I believe most those tuners will read/clear codes in addition to what they also do as well.Great info, cbrenthus !
Do you know what reader most members are using ? Is that the same as a TazerJL ?