Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sorry to hear it’s the headunit that has problems and hope it gets replaced soon but glad you got it resolved at least.

Soli

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Moab
This has been discussed a lot. At a minimum, please read this thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-dual-battery-consolidated-information.25377/

Some vehemently argue that 14+ reading means you have a failing battery or batteries. Others, like me, say it’s normal. Mine has read 14+ since day one of ownership. I’m at nearly 36,000 miles and 2.5 years of ownership. I put my batteries on a tender several times a month. I have never had an ESS error or a dead battery.

By the way, my 2016 GMC Yukon XL with a one week old battery also reads 14+ volts regardless of how long a road trip we take; it always has.

Grab a $50 Deltran battery tender and keep your batteries well maintained. No harm in having your batteries tested in isolation, if you’re worried.
I have just replaced my aux and main battery with odyssey batteries. My old battery would always read 14.5 when driving or coasting to a stop…after installing the new batteries i now see 13.5 when driving and then it goes up to 14.4 when coasting..seems like its a main battery dying? Please anyone correct me if im wrong

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have just replaced my aux and main battery with odyssey batteries. My old battery would always read 14.5 when driving or coasting to a stop…after installing the new batteries i now see 13.5 when driving and then it goes up to 14.4 when coasting..seems like its a main battery dying? Please anyone correct me if im wrong
Eek. Don’t follow what I wrote there way back when… I was dead wrong. (And your observation is correct.)

Here’s a better place to start reading (especially the links I posted in there): https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/noco-warranty.120359/
Sponsored