Sponsored

3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 With eTorque in Australia?

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon MY20
Hi everyone,

Any news on when or if the the new mild-hibrid eTorque engine will arrive in Australia for the Jeep Wrangler JL? I haven’t seen many reviews, so far.

I also wonder how will the JL perform when crossing water streams...

Thanks,
Pedro
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Hi everyone,

Any news on when or if the the new mild-hibrid eTorque engine will arrive in Australia for the Jeep Wrangler JL? I haven’t seen many reviews, so far.

I also wonder how will the JL perform when crossing water streams...

Thanks,
Pedro
The old wisdom behind K. I. S. S. shouldn't be underestimated, especially when it comes to picking FCA products. The JL is far too complex as is and throwing yet another electrical complexity is not going to spell ideal. If I could to choose, I'd go for the simplest configuration with these things, not the other way around.

OP
OP
pguerreiro

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon MY20
The old wisdom behind K. I. S. S. shouldn't be underestimated, especially when it comes to picking FCA products. The JL is far too complex as is and throwing yet another electrical complexity is not going to spell ideal. If I could to choose, I'd go for the simplest configuration with these things, not the other way around.
Humm... My thoughts exactly, however would be nice to see what Jeep as to say about this or other people out there who might have tried it.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Humm... My thoughts exactly, however would be nice to see what Jeep as to say about this or other people out there who might have tried it.
I see you have a JKUR. I had a 3.6 JKUO (auto). The performance in my 3.6 JLUR is much better over the JK and I didn't think there'd be an improvement in performance because it's the same engine... I thought the 8 speed would just make it smoother but the JLUR 3.6 pulls much harder in the lower RPMs and doesn't run out of puff on the freeway at 100Km/h at all.

My JKU did around 7L/100Km at a constant 60km/h and the JLU does 5L/100Km.
At a constant 100Km/h the JKU did around 12L/100Km and the JLU settles to 8L/100Km.

Don't forget, in traffic, the JLs have auto start stop so if you're stuck in traffic, you'd mostly be paying extra for the hybrid and the complexity and eventual maintenance.

I also think the hybrid battery will affect the resale value because it's potentially an item that would need replacement for whoever is buying from you. Similarly, I wouldn't buy a second hand hybrid of any kind either.
Sponsored