3.6 - For Those Running Premium Fuel

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Awesome explanation. One question: How much did you raise the rev limiter?

And uhh... want to look at the 2.0?
not to 7500, even though technically the engine is happy there, I believe it's around 7100ish

and we have discussed the 2.0, but unfortunately it's a different ECM family, and it has not been cracked yet for tuning.

it had E72 in it for these specific tests, but we ran all the way up to E91 during validation, and the stock injectors and fuel pump were up to the challenge.

What most people don't realize is that the 3.6 is designed for E85 due to export, and programs in the US. it's easier to standardize the components across the board than to make them have unique components for a small percentage of engines.

Advertisement

Litfuse

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
not to 7500, even though technically the engine is happy there, I believe it's around 7100ish

and we have discussed the 2.0, but unfortunately it's a different ECM family, and it has not been cracked yet for tuning.

it had E72 in it for these specific tests, but we ran all the way up to E91 during validation, and the stock injectors and fuel pump were up to the challenge.

What most people don't realize is that the 3.6 is designed for E85 due to export, and programs in the US. it's easier to standardize the components across the board than to make them have unique components for a small percentage of engines.
So the results of your 30ish horsepower gain was using E72 octane fuel, if I’m understanding you correctly? What were your results with 91/93 premium gas?

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the results of your 30ish horsepower gain was using E72 octane fuel, if I’m understanding you correctly? What were your results with 91/93 premium gas?
it's all in the video, did you watch it? There's a ton of good info in there, which is why we made it.

it gained over 50hp on E85, in the area where it matters. check it out, it's worth the watch.

Tread4Lo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 w/ 3.6
@Livernois_Motorsports

What are your thoughts on coil packs to a higher voltage and more complete fuel burn? I know some people think they are hogwash and others that say it definitely provides some low end torque. That's where I would like these numbers to show up, low end under 3k RPM's.

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Livernois_Motorsports

What are your thoughts on coil packs to a higher voltage and more complete fuel burn? I know some people think they are hogwash and others that say it definitely provides some low end torque. That's where I would like these numbers to show up, low end under 3k RPM's.
In our experience on basically every platform with COP ignition, the aftermarket has never proven themselves able to have a product that improves over stock in every way. Most of the times we encounter misfire problems with them, but the higher end ones that don't have this issue always worked better in one area, but not others.

The stock coils can easily fire a supercharged 3.6 on E85, so there isn't a deficit anywhere in their performance in our mind.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Investigate and research the 3.6 a little more and it may surprise you that the higher compression engine thrives on higher octane fuel. Believe Livernoise just posted something about their tuner recently and also provided background info on how much better the 3.6 delivers all around with premium fuel. I can’t find the thread right now but I’ll post it if I can.
I agree. I'm not the expert, but wince I have been using Premium gas I have been getting about 20-22 mpg on the road and 18-20 in the city. Before I was getting about 20 and 16. Not sure what it was due to but it makes me happy to spend the extra money for the better gas.

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement