3.6 engine and 87 octane a no-no

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I dumped some of the lucass magic oil in the tank. It took a few miles but now it's mixed in well and a definite difference is felt . Of idle it would have some jerking (torque spikes)and u could hear some pinging . Cant hear it no more ...and finally of idle accel is smooth. 87 octane is definitely not good for our cars . The spark advance is too much and possibly running lean also. So my advice if ur going with low octane pour some octane booster the fuel spark curve will work much better. And yes its bone stock
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I dumped some of the lucass magic oil in the tank. It took a few miles but now it's mixed in well and a definite difference is felt . Of idle it would have some jerking (torque spikes)and u could hear some pinging . Cant hear it no more ...and finally of idle accel is smooth. 87 octane is definitely not good for our cars . The spark advance is too much and possibly running lean also. So my advice if ur going with low octane pour some octane booster the fuel spark curve will work much better. And yes its bone stock
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.6 engine and 87 octane a no-no tenor.0

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.6 engine and 87 octane a no-no 1606353979232

Sponsored

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I like Lucas products but I ran mine with 87 all the time and no issues. I think it's more likely you got a tank of bad gas..
I would be getting bad gas for the last 5k miles in that case ? I tell u its either lucas or high octane for from now on ... rather use lucas though

Sponsored

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
And yes I will take lucas oi for bad gas. He he

OldGuyNewJeep