CME-ROCK

First Name
Chastity
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
anyone have a 3.5inch lift with 35's to show?? I have this set up on order but would love to see others.
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
anyone have a 3.5inch lift with 35's to show?? I have this set up on order but would love to see others.
First, welcome to the group!

Which Jeep model are you asking about? (I'm replying on my phone and can't see the detail in your picture.)

The reason I ask, a 3.5 inch lift on a Sport is much different than a 3.5 inch lift on a Rubicon. The Rubicon has the equivalent of a 2 inch lift, as-is. Most lifted Rubicons have a 2 (or 2.5) inch lift.

The Garage section of this site has several Rubicons with a 2 inch lift and 35's, which would be comparable, to a non-Rubicon model with a 3.5 inch lift.

You'll quickly see that 37's are the most used tire size, though 35's look great, too. They have more clearance, obviously, and it's a personal preference.

My long-winded way of saying welcome and check out the garage!

RAUL JACK

First Name
JAIME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL

Which Jeep model are you asking about? (I'm replying on my phone and can't see the detail in your picture.)

The reason I ask, a 3.5 inch lift on a Sport is much different than a 3.5 inch lift on a Rubicon. The Rubicon has the equivalent of a 2 inch lift, as-is. Most lifted Rubicons have a 2 (or 2.5) inch lift.

The Garage section of this site has several Rubicons with a 2 inch lift and 35's, which would be comparable, to a non-Rubicon model with a 3.5 inch lift.

You'll quickly see that 37's are the most used tire size, though 35's look great, too. They have more clearance, obviously, and it's a personal preference.

So you're saying that if i have a Sport S and i put a 3.5inch lift with 38's its like having a rubicon ? the reason im asking is because when i lifted my JK to 3.5' and put 38s it looked like a monster

OP
OP
CME-ROCK

CME-ROCK

First Name
Chastity
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I guess the model would have helped. I have a Sport S.

I noticed that everywhere I have researched 37's are the most used but with this being my Daily I didn't want to go there (yet) ;)

I'm still getting acquainted with the forum, which has been nothing but helpful, so I wanted to be sure not to post anything in the wrong section haha

I will definitely check out the garage. Thank you so much for the info!

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying that if i have a Sport S and i put a 3.5inch lift with 38's its like having a rubicon ? the reason im asking is because when i lifted my JK to 3.5' and put 38s it looked like a monster
It would be about the same height as a Rubicon with a 2" lift and 37's, not overwhelming.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CME-ROCK

CME-ROCK

First Name
Chastity
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase

that seems to be my understanding. I have heard this before too

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Give me until Wednesday the 25th and I'll give you an answer and pics. I'm getting the Rancho 3.5" lift for the Sport and 318/70R17 tires.

WildCatguy

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Give me until Wednesday the 25th and I'll give you an answer and pics. I'm getting the Rancho 3.5" lift for the Sport and 318/70R17 tires.

This is the exact kit i’m looking to get. Keep us posted!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CME-ROCK

CME-ROCK

First Name
Chastity
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my wifes Sport with the Rancho kit(3.5" on the sport) and 35's.
IMG_20180712_174053_261.jpg

chris, I think we need to all meet up one day including Lori!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
why does you're lift look like DEWEYs lift ??
The Mopar 2" is actually more than 2" even on a Rubicon. On a Sport which sits lower from the factory by about 1-1.5" the Mopar kit will also give it that extra 1-1.5" over the same kit installed on a Rubicon.
The kit on my Wife's JL in the picture is actually a 2" Rancho kit for a Rubicon, but that translates to 3.5" on the Sport.

chris, I think we need to all meet up one day including Lori!
What side of town are you guys on? My Wife and I live in Katy, and we are part of West Houston Jeepers on Facebook. She signs us up to attend events every once in a while when I'm not busy working on one of our Jeeps(We are actually going to one this Saturday with that group)

RAUL JACK

First Name
JAIME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL
The Mopar 2" is actually more than 2" even on a Rubicon. On a Sport which sits lower from the factory by about 1-1.5" the Mopar kit will also give it that extra 1-1.5" over the same kit installed on a Rubicon.
The kit on my Wife's JL in the picture is actually a 2" Rancho kit for a Rubicon, but that translates to 3.5" on the Sport.

What side of town are you guys on? My Wife and I live in Katy, and we are part of West Houston Jeepers on Facebook. She signs us up to attend events every once in a while when I'm not busy working on one of our Jeeps(We are actually going to one this Saturday with that group)
so im purchasing a 3.5-4' sky jacker lift on my sport with fox shocks does that mean it will be the same height as the rubicon or higher, also is the JK lower than JL? or same height

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
so im purchasing a 3.5-4' sky jacker lift on my sport with fox shocks does that mean it will be the same height as the rubicon or higher, also is the JK lower than JL? or same height
Skyjacker has separate kits for the Rubicon/Sport so I'm assuming that their lift height is "true" based on the model(you may want to contact them as I haven't installed that kit on a sport.)
Side by side the JL Rubicon seems to sit higher than the JK, but the Sport seems to be about the same.
Sponsored