punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
We ere on the side of caution. :)
thanks I was going to pull the trigger on this, I think Im going to wait until the initial warranty runs out after hearing all the issues people having here so far with the JL's in general. FWIW i dont think 4wd parts has your geometry brackets available witch doesnt make sense to me since they sell the lift
Sponsored

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Thanks I will look into it and let the Rep know too. Thanks Matt
thanks I was going to pull the trigger on this, I think Im going to wait until the initial warranty runs out after hearing all the issues people having here so far with the JL's in general. FWIW i dont think 4wd parts has your geometry brackets available witch doesnt make sense to me since they sell the lift

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
thanks I was going to pull the trigger on this, I think Im going to wait until the initial warranty runs out after hearing all the issues people having here so far with the JL's in general. FWIW i dont think 4wd parts has your geometry brackets available witch doesn't make sense to me since they sell the lift
I just installed this lift (with RS9000 Adjustable shocks), I used the Rubicon Express Geo Brackets ($129) as the Rancho are more ($150), any of the Geo brackets on the market will suffice. It is a great lift kit with a soft ride, my only complaint is there is still about an inch down rake of the front and I need to add a spacer. I do have bumper with winch however my Bumper is Aluminum at only 35lbs so i was not anticipating this much drop.

Side%202_zpsobm2souq.jpg

lower%20half%20jeep_zpsvfeyredx.jpg

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@RanchoShocks

I have a 2.5” lift (not Rancho) but am thinking of installing your RS9000 adjustable shocks. What part number do I need to be looking at l?

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
RS999065
RS999066
AND SORRY SO LONG ON A response. Just seeing this.
Matt
If you can wait until March 1st, I would. :)

@RanchoShocks

I have a 2.5” lift (not Rancho) but am thinking of installing your RS9000 adjustable shocks. What part number do I need to be looking at l?

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Hey Rancho. i have the 2.5" Rubicon kit, but will use it on a SPORT. I understand it's the same thing really. My question is, If I install the shocks it comes with without putting the lift would I damage them. I don't want to put whole kit on yet because I have yet to get the bigger tires. But if I can get a head start by installing the shocks it would be great.

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
I just installed this lift (with RS9000 Adjustable shocks), I used the Rubicon Express Geo Brackets ($129) as the Rancho are more ($150), any of the Geo brackets on the market will suffice. It is a great lift kit with a soft ride, my only complaint is there is still about an inch down rake of the front and I need to add a spacer. I do have bumper with winch however my Bumper is Aluminum at only 35lbs so i was not anticipating this much drop.

Side%202_zpsobm2souq.jpg

lower%20half%20jeep_zpsvfeyredx.jpg
thos steps are fire

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
I would not install the shocks just yet. They have a lot more travel than stock and could be damaged.
Matt

Hey Rancho. i have the 2.5" Rubicon kit, but will use it on a SPORT. I understand it's the same thing really. My question is, If I install the shocks it comes with without putting the lift would I damage them. I don't want to put whole kit on yet because I have yet to get the bigger tires. But if I can get a head start by installing the shocks it would be great.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
I would not install the shocks just yet. They have a lot more travel than stock and could be damaged.
Matt
Roger that. UGHH I just need to hurry up and get my 35's!!!!!

Whhood

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Here is the 3.5” lift with stock Sahara wheels and with 35s for reference. It really didn’t look as bad as I thought it would with the stock wheels.

DF23239E-D36C-4672-85E7-B923632F8F22.jpeg

D26BF5F8-B154-4DAD-9FCF-98AB87CCD054.jpeg

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Ya that is not too bad at all. Did you have the A/T stock tires that are the bigger 245/75/17?

Whhood

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I had the all season Duelers, not the A/Ts.

Last edited: