Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
3.5" is for the Rubicon
4.5" is for the non-Rubcion
:)

The NEW Crawler Short Arm Systems are the result of continuous improvements done by Rancho® to give you the best possible on and off-road experience for your JL Wrangler. These kits include corner specific progressive rate coil springs and fully adjustable control arms (adjustable on the vehicle!) with D2 bushings to give you improved comfort, durability and worry free operation. They also feature our NEW heavy-duty front and rear adjustable track bars with D2 bushings to center the axles. The D2 bushings found in our control arms and track bars feature PTFE for grease-free operation allowing the sleeve to rotate in the bushing without resistance reducing wear. Precise adjustments can be made while it’s still installed on the vehicle. Pair with the Rancho JL-specific shocks that feature our Dynamic Rebound Spring (DRS) Technology. This DRS Technology features a precisely tuned metal spring that provides additional control, reduces body roll, and prevents overextension. Choose from either the RS5000X or the adjustable RS9000XL.
  • Premium on and off-road experience for your JL Wrangler
  • Corner-Specific, Tuned progressive rate coil spring
  • On vehicle adjustable control arms with D2 bushings
  • Heavy-duty front and rear adjustable track bars with D2 bushings
  • All brackets fabricated from high-strength, low-alloy steel
  • Designed with 37-in. tires
  • Installs easily - 100-Percent bolt-on system

JL_ShortArm_Sell_Back.jpg

jl_shortarm_sell.jpg
Sponsored

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Rancho,

I installed your 3.5" Crawler kit for my JLU rubicon last weekend and aside from getting an alignment, everything else is as it was before the install. All bolts are torqued (verified) to spec, all coils verified at correct corners of Jeep, and I'm using your RS5000x shocks. I set all the trackbars and control arms to the lengths suggested in the instructions, though have not verified caster angle yet.
All that being said...the lift netted 4.5" as measured per your instructions (from center of wheel to bottom of flare) at all 4 corners. For the Rubicon, I expected 3.5" - I've also got heavy LOD bumpers/ tire carrier/ and a Warn Zeon 10s winch so I know I'm not the lightest Jeep out there.
I've now got a wicked death wobble (steering wheel starts shaking violently when I hit a bump above 55mph) and only stops if I slow down quickly. If I don't slow down, it is a real death wobble that gets worse and worse - I can't control vehicle if I don't brake immediately and slow down dramatically.
I'm still running my stock Rubicon wheels and stock 33" BFG tires (with only about 5k miles on them and no issues to date) so I know it's not a balancing issue.
I did accidentally turn the toe-in/out adjuster when re-centering the steering wheel (undid the wrong collar bc I was tired!), so I'm sure the toe value is off. I put it back to where I thought it was, but again, alignment is definitely out of whack some.
Any ideas what might be going on? I will be getting it aligned (at a 4 wheel shop) next Thursday or weekend, but I'm concerned about the amount of lift I got (4.5" on the Rubicon kit) as that can def throw steering angles off enough to cause issues.
The crawler kit is definitely well built, and I'm very happy with the components, I just want to be able to take my Jeep on the highway soon without waiting for it to go flying off the side of the road!
Erik

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Rancho,

I installed your 3.5" Crawler kit for my JLU rubicon last weekend and aside from getting an alignment, everything else is as it was before the install. All bolts are torqued (verified) to spec, all coils verified at correct corners of Jeep, and I'm using your RS5000x shocks. I set all the trackbars and control arms to the lengths suggested in the instructions, though have not verified caster angle yet.
All that being said...the lift netted 4.5" as measured per your instructions (from center of wheel to bottom of flare) at all 4 corners. For the Rubicon, I expected 3.5" - I've also got heavy LOD bumpers/ tire carrier/ and a Warn Zeon 10s winch so I know I'm not the lightest Jeep out there.
I've now got a wicked death wobble (steering wheel starts shaking violently when I hit a bump above 55mph) and only stops if I slow down quickly. If I don't slow down, it is a real death wobble that gets worse and worse - I can't control vehicle if I don't brake immediately and slow down dramatically.
I'm still running my stock Rubicon wheels and stock 33" BFG tires (with only about 5k miles on them and no issues to date) so I know it's not a balancing issue.
I did accidentally turn the toe-in/out adjuster when re-centering the steering wheel (undid the wrong collar bc I was tired!), so I'm sure the toe value is off. I put it back to where I thought it was, but again, alignment is definitely out of whack some.
Any ideas what might be going on? I will be getting it aligned (at a 4 wheel shop) next Thursday or weekend, but I'm concerned about the amount of lift I got (4.5" on the Rubicon kit) as that can def throw steering angles off enough to cause issues.
The crawler kit is definitely well built, and I'm very happy with the components, I just want to be able to take my Jeep on the highway soon without waiting for it to go flying off the side of the road!
Erik
Just to note my measurements from wheel center to bottom of fender flare were:
Before lift ~23"
After lift ~27.5

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Call Tech on this please. It seems like you did everything right but they may catch something I am not picking up.
734-384-7804.
And thanks for your patience on a response, we were in Moab last week.
Matt

Rancho,

Erik

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Rancho is there a forum discount available for this kit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com