Sponsored

3.5" lift/yeti track bar/

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Got a 2018 sahara JL and having a rancho 3.5" sport lift with 35's being installed next week and also purchased the rancho drop brackets and rancho front track bar but upon picking up the front track bar from the shop that had the part recommended I go with the yeti front track bar as the shop owner said you'll never look back. He also told me that eventually I'll end up changing the tie rod and drag link. Now I don't do any rock climbing. Mostly street and some trails. This shop is a reputable jeep service shop and he showed me the synergy, rancho, metalcloak front track bars that are practically brand new that were taken off jeeps (not to mention at least 3 dozen of the stock track bar that have been removed) because those products were not holding up. I've heard of steersmart plenty and in person there's a huge difference in the product side by side with competitors. The front track bar had to of weighed 30 lbs if not more but does a non-rock climbing jeep really need that HD of a track bar and do the others not cut it. When replacing parts I like to put a quality product that lasts and doesn't need replacing after a few years. Is the yeti really worth it?
Sponsored

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Ours not holding up!?!?! I have not heard of any issues with ours.
Moab tested and hitting trails almost weekly too.
What did they say was the "issue"?
Thanks Matt

OP
OP
Robs JL

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Thanks Matt[/QUOTE
Thanks Matt
Supposedly buckling under heavy stress but im not going to be under heavy stress. Anyways I ended up with the yeti only because I will be doing there drag link and tie rod soon.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We haven't even released our JL track bar yet...
Hahaha. Some of the info that shops give out cracks me up. I love steer smart stuff and think it’s an excellent product but I know when you guys release you’re steering upgrades it’s going to be awesome too!

Brett

Sponsored

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
You're being upsold.

Lot's of good stuff being said about the Yeti online. But you bought a Rancho kit and I'm sure they designed those brackets to work with the kit. You'll be fine.

Upgrade when/if you truly need it. Doesn't sound like you will.

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Yeah shenanigans I tell you.
Rubicon, Moab on an almost daily basis (we work with a rental company that allows the most trails out there), and tons of other trails and no bending.

:)

Supposedly buckling under heavy stress but im not going to be under heavy stress. Anyways I ended up with the yeti only because I will be doing there drag link and tie rod soon.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I've ever, ever seen a bent track bar on a vehicle. I'd love to see one!

A drag link now, I've seen bent factory drag links, but that usually takes something like shoving your vehicle into the crack on Gold Bar Rim at the wrong angle without hydro and a lot of force. Ask me how I know. LOL :)

OP
OP
Robs JL

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I don't think I've ever, ever seen a bent track bar on a vehicle. I'd love to see one!

A drag link now, I've seen bent factory drag links, but that usually takes something like shoving your vehicle into the crack on Gold Bar Rim at the wrong angle without hydro and a lot of force. Ask me how I know. LOL :)
That's what I'm saying. I'm not crawling up rocks. Honestly the shop wasn't being pushy about it cuz they're making money off both products. Only reason I chose yeti is the in person comparison. As far as the tie rod and drag link I'm definitely gonna look at the synergy compared to the steersmart cuz the synergy replacement parts are too fair not to look into.

Sponsored

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Got a 2018 sahara JL and having a rancho 3.5" sport lift with 35's being installed next week and also purchased the rancho drop brackets and rancho front track bar but upon picking up the front track bar from the shop that had the part recommended I go with the yeti front track bar as the shop owner said you'll never look back. He also told me that eventually I'll end up changing the tie rod and drag link. Now I don't do any rock climbing. Mostly street and some trails. This shop is a reputable jeep service shop and he showed me the synergy, rancho, metalcloak front track bars that are practically brand new that were taken off jeeps (not to mention at least 3 dozen of the stock track bar that have been removed) because those products were not holding up. I've heard of steersmart plenty and in person there's a huge difference in the product side by side with competitors. The front track bar had to of weighed 30 lbs if not more but does a non-rock climbing jeep really need that HD of a track bar and do the others not cut it. When replacing parts I like to put a quality product that lasts and doesn't need replacing after a few years. Is the yeti really worth it?
I'm running the Rancho 3.5" crawler system on my Rubicon that I installed myself and I can assure you, it's really well built. I've worked with several systems (large competitors), and the Rancho is every bit as stout and well engineered, if not more. I've also got their diff skid and control arm skids. Everything is rock solid, with great looking finish as well. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this kit again.
I'm also running the Synergy drag link/ tie rods on my JLUR and believe they are more than beefy enough as they handle my 37" Coopers on 3.5" lift (more like 4" in reality) perfectly. I will be taking my Jeep to Moab this fall, and plenty of local Colorado trails all summer, and I have no worries whatsoever about the quality of parts I've put on it.

OP
OP
Robs JL

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I'm running the Rancho 3.5" crawler system on my Rubicon that I installed myself and I can assure you, it's really well built. I've worked with several systems (large competitors), and the Rancho is every bit as stout and well engineered, if not more. I've also got their diff skid and control arm skids. Everything is rock solid, with great looking finish as well. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this kit again.
I'm also running the Synergy drag link/ tie rods on my JLUR and believe they are more than beefy enough as they handle my 37" Coopers on 3.5" lift (more like 4" in reality) perfectly. I will be taking my Jeep to Moab this fall, and plenty of local Colorado trails all summer, and I have no worries whatsoever about the quality of parts I've put on it.
Sweet setup. I'll definitely be giving synergy a thought for the drag and tie bars. Im sure the Rancho was gonna be good enough. Im always happy with Rancho products. I used to have them on my Silverado.

Escareno187

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU

I'll send you a picture. 3.5" teraflex lift. Used the factory trackbar. Fist time after riding up in Big Bear noticed steering wheel wasnt centered. Adjusted back to center using drag bar adjustment. This Saturday hit a deep rut on a trail. Steering wheel went completely out 90⁰. Tried to adjust drag bar. Didnt have enough adjustment either way to get back to center. Got it to 2⁰. Inspected everything and read up on it on internet. Then i read somewhere that your track bar also effects the steering wheel. I did notice my bump stops were no longer centered. Crawed under and found that the paint had crinkled where the track bar curves over the front diff and that it also contacted the part above.
Ordered and adjustable track bar. Should fix the issue. Factory track bar on myv2019 JLU isnt adjustable. Also has a message electronic stability control needs maintenance. Im guessing it was because the steering wheel was so far out.
Sponsored