Sponsored

3.5 Inch Lift, and a little goodbye.

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
No, contrary what the title suggests, the JL will not be leaving the family, more like I will not be driving it anymore. But before all of that, here's a pic of the jeep. JT wheels/tires, 3.5 inch lift. Yes, it gets wheeled. Anyways, this is my mothers JT (well duh, check out the plates), but I will no longer be driving it, I got myself a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK (I'm 16, first car), that had been abandoned for 6 months, for around 1k, new wheel bearings, balljoints, cv shafts and an entire new braking system and cv shafts, it's like new. Well, after i steam cleaned the entire interior. Just wanted to thank y'all for being so welcoming and helpful. I'll stick around and try and contribute what little knowledge I have, and what I learn about the JL. Thanks Y'all.

20200306_165401.jpg

6cc4gp8245k41.jpg
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No, contrary what the title suggests, the JL will not be leaving the family, more like I will not be driving it anymore. But before all of that, here's a pic of the jeep. JT wheels/tires, 3.5 inch lift. Yes, it gets wheeled. Anyways, this is my mothers JT (well duh, check out the plates), but I will no longer be driving it, I got myself a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK (I'm 16, first car), that had been abandoned for 6 months, for around 1k, new wheel bearings, balljoints, cv shafts and an entire new braking system and cv shafts, it's like new. Well, after i steam cleaned the entire interior. Just wanted to thank y'all for being so welcoming and helpful. I'll stick around and try and contribute what little knowledge I have, and what I learn about the JL. Thanks Y'all.

20200306_165401.jpg

6cc4gp8245k41.jpg
Congratulations on your first car!

OP
OP
rickyrobert

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on your first car!
THank you, only another month before I have mu full licence and I don't need to have a licensed adult with me everywhere i go.

jefflilj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S color Mojito!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Awesome on first car! My 16 year old is looking at cars.
Hope it treats you well.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Welcome to your new addiction!! When I was 16, thatā€™s when the addiction began. I had a four banger Wrangler YJ with 130,000 miles that was bone stock, square headlights and would wander in traffic.

Getting on the expressway was a religious experience. :CWL: And then I was able to mod it, made it slower than ever and then I was delivering the holy experiences :CWL:

But I digress.

The WK is a great first vehicle to have! Congrats and try not to stay away from the Wrangler for too long!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@rickyrobert
Congrats on 16 w/ such a cool first ride. Great to hear younger guys not afraid to work on their own vehicles and really learn what makes them go. You'll appreciate that vehicle so much more when you're able to do the work it takes to keep it going!

OP
OP
rickyrobert

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to your new addiction!! When I was 16, thatā€™s when the addiction began. I had a four banger Wrangler YJ with 130,000 miles that was bone stock, square headlights and would wander in traffic.

Getting on the expressway was a religious experience. :CWL: And then I was able to mod it, made it slower than ever and then I was delivering the holy experiences :CWL:

But I digress.

The WK is a great first vehicle to have! Congrats and try not to stay away from the Wrangler for too long!
Well, it's technically not a wrangler, but i do have a 1972 jeep cj5 lol. 4.2l 6cyl,, and a 3 speed manual.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

My first car was a TRADESMAN 200 I bought off my dad. My dates dads didnā€™t like that it had been camperized for some reason? Quickly moved to an Omni GLH, and then a Daytona. That thing got expensive to insure, so I was eying a Wagoneer, but settled on a really cool ā€˜49 Fargo 1/2.

Eventuality got into the Jeep family. Long way of saying, happy first car! You may find yourself moving around to find the one that fits you best.

OP
OP
rickyrobert

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My first car was a TRADESMAN 200 I bought off my dad. My dates dads didnā€™t like that it had been camperized for some reason? Quickly moved to an Omni GLH, and then a Daytona. That thing got expensive to insure, so I was eying a Wagoneer, but settled on a really cool ā€˜49 Fargo 1/2.

Eventuality got into the Jeep family. Long way of saying, happy first car! You may find yourself moving around to find the one that fits you best.
I'm pretty happy with the WK as of right now. I race motocross, so I needed something big, comfy over long trips, and that could tow, with offroad capabilities.
Sponsored