3.5 Gamechanger Bumpstops

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Just curious for the people with the MC GC 3.5 lift. How many pucks are you running with 37’s and what is the gap between your front bumpstops? Thank you
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious for the people with the MC GC 3.5 lift. How many pucks are you running with 37’s and what is the gap between your front bumpstops? Thank you
Following, I am about to go from a GC 2.5" to a 3.5" and am curious about this myself.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Lift height has 0 effect on bump stops needed (unless you were getting coil bind but that's very unlikely). Bump stops should be used to prevent bottoming out shocks and keeping the tires from damaging the body/fenders or themselves on up travel. The tire will contact the fender at the same bump stop height regardless of ride height. Up front we have 3" before contacting the bump stop and another 3" before the bump bottoms out(longer metalcloak foam stops). That is with 2" of bump spacer. In the rear we have 4.25" before contacting the bump and another 3" before bottoming the bump stop. Again 2" spacer on the rear axle. The hard stop bottomed out bump stops are enough to protect the shocks (.5" of compression left at full bump) and the longer foam keeps the 38's from rubbing unless we are fully stuffed at opposite corners. In those instances the tire just rubs the fender and liner in the rear. That is with ~4" of lift. As it sits now it will fully droop the rock sport shocks front and rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I was just curious as to the distance you have between your bumps. I have the stock uppers.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
MC has recommendations in their instructions for type of Jeep and tire size. Those are usually pretty good rule of thumb or starting point. I’ve read and will hopefully find out myself in next month or two that if you have JLUR with XR package you only need 1” up front and 2” in back to keep 37s out of the fenders.
Sponsored