3.5 Game Changer only got me 2.5

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
Installed 3.5 GC. Had 2.5 spacers on before. After the install the Jeep is exactly the same height. Noticed my Jeep when new was almost one full inch taller then buddies 2.0 rubicon stock to stock. I called MetalCloak they said well that’s not what we have seen. Everybody is getting 3.5-4.25” of lift. Any ideas ????
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
did you get coils to compensate for the added weight of the diesel?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If you started out an inch taller than a gas Rubi, than your results make perfect sense.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand that. It makes sense. But everybody is saying including metalcloak that the Diesels are only losing 1/4-3/8” from the gassers. All the gasser crowd is saying they get 4-4-1/2”s from the 3.5GC ask I should still get 3”s easily and more like 3 1/2 for sure. But I gained zero. That’s fine and dandy but I was just expecting it to go up. The flex is insane now !!!!!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I understand that. It makes sense. But everybody is saying including metalcloak that the Diesels are only losing 1/4-3/8” from the gassers. All the gasser crowd is saying they get 4-4-1/2”s from the 3.5GC ask I should still get 3”s easily and more like 3 1/2 for sure. But I gained zero. That’s fine and dandy but I was just expecting it to go up. The flex is insane now !!!!!
But if you started out an inch taller and added 2.5" spacers, you were essentially lifted 3.5" over stock. If it's the same now, you're still up 3.5" from stock, so you got the advertised lift. The diesel weight costed you the extra gravy. I think your good to go. And yeah, definitely flexy!

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I think you already know the missing part. That extra 1” you had (that not all diesels have) over a gasser Rubi. That extra 1” does not exist according to Jeep they are the same height. Some users like yourself have experienced otherwise.

Your mystery 1” + 2.5” = 3.5”

I bet you’re good to go

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was a first build Diesel. Build was 2-20’ I thought all diesels were 1” taller. Makes sense. 3.5 got me 3.5 then. From everybody else. I was just lucky to have the taller springs to start with. All is well then. Crazy I thought all the diesels were taller.

Thanks guys :)))
Sponsored