3.5” RC Lift and 37” tires on Sahara HL

46taybrown

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Does anyone have 37’s on a Sahara or Sport yet? If so, i’d Love to see pics! Bought my Sahara JL today and I’m in love just wanted to figure out how big to go.
Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I too am planning 3.5" RC lift with 37s. It might be close, given some Rubi's are rubbing with 2.5" lift, highline fenders, and 37s, but I think it will be close enough. Worst case, I will yank the fenders, or go flat/highline fenders. Would love to get some more data points on this too, though, before I bite the bullet..

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I'm in the same boat so I did my homework and this is what I've come up with. Running anything larger than 35" on a Sahara or Sport will put a lot of strain on your suspension components, plus gear ratios will have to be altered to accommodate for the extra tire weight. Also a spare tire relocation kit plus an upgraded tail gate hinge are highly recommended. But, all of this is doable for the right price... Rubicons come equipped with all the necessary parts to properly run much bigger tires right out the gate, which is why Rubicon owners tend to be more "Rubicon owners".
There just isn't many Sahara owners going over the top because if you planned on crawling over boulders, go Rubicon. If you drive it as your main rig and want a Mercedes quality vehicle, get a Sahara. You can still lift it, run 33's or 35's and it'll get you over or through more than any other SUV out there. Here's a link to some pics I posted. 33' Back Country on factory wheels, no lift yet. I suppose not exactly what you're looking for but monster Sahara's are hard to find.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ver-wrangler-jl-club.1788/page-30#post-348989