2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
Hey guys,

It’s been almost 3months I got myself into Jeep community. Since this my first Jeep, pls understand if I ever come up with stupid questions to you guys. :)

I have been into dealer for 5th times just to get my loose steering right. (it’s about 75% better now) but never want to deal with Jeep dealers at all! So tiring and time consuming, plus they don’t seem to know what they R doing!

I am planning to install Rancho 3.5”lift kit with 35” tires on 17” rims.
I know if I don’t install this lift kit from a dealer will void my warranty but I found myself way more comfortable with reputable Jeep 4x4 shops around me than dealers. Should I install kit at dealers or not?

Can anyone give me an advice what are the pros and cons with these lift kits?

Anyways, Jeep looks way better with bigger tires with lift kits though.lol

Thanks
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've always felt like warranty coverage is blown out of proportion. I'd love it on the engine and trans, everything else I don't much care....well ok probably Uconnect.

But driveline and suspension stuff I'll likely handle myself anyway.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey guys,

It’s been almost 3months I got myself into Jeep community. Since this my first Jeep, pls understand if I ever come up with stupid questions to you guys. :)

I have been into dealer for 5th times just to get my loose steering right. (it’s about 75% better now) but never want to deal with Jeep dealers at all! So tiring and time consuming, plus they don’t seem to know what they R doing!

I know if I don’t install this lift kit from a dealer will void my warranty but I found myself way more comfortable with reputable Jeep 4x4 shops around me than dealers. Should I install kit at dealers or not?

Thanks
Having someone else install a lift will absolutely not good any warranty. I'd look into other manufacturers for your lift though. Teraflex, Rockkrawler, Evo, or Metal Cloak are all reputable brands specializing in jeep lifts.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You may also want to consider the Rock Krawler 3.5 kit. I'm running the 3.5 RK X-Factor, but for what you're looking at now, you would comparatively look at their Adventure series. The ride quality, both on and off-road, is unparalleled. If ride quality is important, RK would be my recommendation.

Also, I really like the RK bushings better than just about everyone else's, but there could be some bias there based on the folks I talked to and products I'd researched.

As a personal recommendation, you may want to move up to 37's with a 3.5-inch lift. Just make sure you review the wheel backspacing needs of each lift you review. I believe RK recommends the following:

- We typically recommend 4.5" of back spacing on rims for 33" and 35" tall tires.
- We typically recommend 3.5" of back spacing on rims for 37" tall tires.​

Good luck!

OP
OP
2019unlimitedmoab

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
Thank you all guys for the comments. I really love this tight Jeep community!! Definitely thumps up.

Sponsored

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
Hey guys,

Thanks
Go with 3.5 lift kits 35 tires this is best good lock.
JK, FOX

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
@2019unlimitedmoab I have the rancho 3.5 inch lift with the dual steering stabilizers on my new Sahara. I also have 35" tires. I had it installed after owning it for two weeks. And I'm just now going on having it in total for two months.

The lift was installed by a pro shop, not the dealership. I had a good connection with the shop and they gave me better vibes and seemed to be more knowledgeable and care more than the dealership. Though, the dealership I ended up ordering the jeep from was pretty good. The shop went above and beyond for me too (added free orange rock lights to match my Punk'n paint... Looks awesome). So I definitely feel that was the better decision.

I'm no expert on jeeps, as this is my first. I did a ton of research before ordering the jeep and before deciding on aftermarket parts. I'm very happy with my decisions. However, I don't know how it will affect my warranties. And if it does... Oh well... The Jeep feels great though! I can't compare it to the anything else, but I can at least give you positive feedback back on the part you are interested in. Hope that helps!

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
From a thread about a year ago, what I concluded was this:

At the time of ordering/purchase, if you add a 2" lift from Mopar you should be ok with the warranties and insurance. Anything above 2", then you can find yourself in a black hole if something should happen.

OP
OP
2019unlimitedmoab

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
@2019unlimitedmoab I have the rancho 3.5 inch lift with the dual steering stabilizers on my new Sahara. I also have 35" tires. I had it installed after owning it for two weeks. And I'm just now going on having it in total for two months.

The lift was installed by a pro shop, not the dealership. I had a good connection with the shop and they gave me better vibes and seemed to be more knowledgeable and care more than the dealership. Though, the dealership I ended up ordering the jeep from was pretty good. The shop went above and beyond for me too (added free orange rock lights to match my Punk'n paint... Looks awesome). So I definitely feel that was the better decision.

I'm no expert on jeeps, as this is my first. I did a ton of research before ordering the jeep and before deciding on aftermarket parts. I'm very happy with my decisions. However, I don't know how it will affect my warranties. And if it does... Oh well... The Jeep feels great though! I can't compare it to the anything else, but I can at least give you positive feedback back on the part you are interested in. Hope that helps!

I am with you 110%!! That is the exact answer that I wanted to hear. Thanks !!!!

OP
OP
2019unlimitedmoab

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
From a thread about a year ago, what I concluded was this:

At the time of ordering/purchase, if you add a 2" lift from Mopar you should be ok with the warranties and insurance. Anything above 2", then you can find yourself in a black hole if something should happen.
:(:(:(:(:(:(
Sponsored